Medusas
Cam
Posted 4/3/2012 12:19 PM (#550388)
Subject: Medusas

Ok we all know these are one of the hottest baits out there right now. Well I was wondering what you guys have done to perfect using these. Being new they don't have a lot of info on them out there. I was wondering what your guys strategy was to using them. Color, size, time of year you use them, how you retrieve them, modification you make, etc. thanks!
FAT-SKI
Posted 4/3/2012 12:46 PM (#550400 - in reply to #550388)
Subject: RE: Medusas

I only use mine at night or in late fall. Anytime that I can slow roll them. I don't use them as a jerk bait style, only because I prefer to use bull dawgs in that way over the medusas (that could also be I jsut have more confidence throwing bull dawgs too). They are not a bait that you can reel in quickly. At least I can't, every time I try to bring em in quick they roll on their back and screw up my action.

I will say it is one of my favorite night baits though. More specifically the all black color.
joemsanderson
Posted 4/3/2012 4:32 PM (#550465 - in reply to #550388)
Subject: Re: Medusas

I like to work them in a jerk/jig presentation over deep water or off steep breaks. They do work better with a slower retrieve. They have a great action and catch big fish.
Jeff Hanson
Posted 4/3/2012 6:02 PM (#550488 - in reply to #550465)
Subject: Re: Medusas

I like using them on deep weed lines and deep breaks. To get them down deeper and so i can work them faster sometimes, I use weighted leaders from Stealth tackle. It gives the bait a little more action also, gives more of a hop when you jerk them.
I use a 1/2oz on the mini size Medussa
and use a 3/4 or 1oz on the reg. size depending on how deep I want to get them.
Good Luck,
Jeff Hanson
madisonmuskyguide.com