Help tuning a Big Game twitchbait
TJones
Posted 4/1/2012 4:31 AM (#549876)
Subject: Help tuning a Big Game twitchbait

I've got a 7" Big game that I just can't seem to get to swim right... It's unfortunate because its a beautiful plug.

The problem I'm running into is that the balsa wood seems so soft that when I try to adjust the front eye the wood flexes, and I can hear the finish start to crackle. Can't really get the wire to bend enough to see any results. You guys have any tips for tuning this plug w/o destroying it in the process... I'd like to fish it, hate to see it just sitting in my box.
Rudedog
Posted 4/1/2012 6:22 AM (#549877 - in reply to #549876)
Subject: RE: Help tuning a Big Game twitchbait

Sometimes the lips on handmade lures are in crooked. ? ? A few years ago I had a few Slammers, a Crane and one Big Game have that issue. I had to heat up and bend the lips to get em right/straight.
However, knowing Tony from Big Game, if you send him an email I am sure he'll take good care of you and your issue. Good folks at Big Game. www.biggamelureco.com
-Jon
TJones
Posted 4/1/2012 6:50 PM (#550005 - in reply to #549876)

Thanks Jon! Good idea, tuning the lip is something that I hadn't even considered, I will take a look at it and see if there is anything noticeable that maybe I can correct. However, knowing myself there is a good chance this could end badly, lol... If it isn't something obvious I know I can fix I may end up trying to and get in touch w/ Big Game. Thanks for help, much appreciated!

Toby
muskellunged
Posted 4/1/2012 7:18 PM (#550011 - in reply to #549876)
Subject: Re: Help tuning a Big Game twitchbait

Maybe youve tried this already, and perhaps it results in the same result, but I suggest tuning the hangers as well as the the eyelet. Also, if cracking occurs, thats fixable to w/ 2 ton epoxy.
bowhunter29
Posted 4/1/2012 8:42 PM (#550030 - in reply to #549876)
Subject: Re: Help tuning a Big Game twitchbait

Toby, give me a ring, I've tuned a few cranks by heating and bending the lexan.

jeremy
TJones
Posted 4/1/2012 11:02 PM (#550062 - in reply to #549876)

Jeremy... You are the man, thanks buddy, will definitely give you a call! Btw, have some other "top secret" stuff to discuss with you.