Trailer parking at Calhoun?
Posted 3/31/2012 10:04 AM (#549710)
Subject: Trailer parking at Calhoun?

Curious about fishing calhoun this year, but am a bit concerned because there is only street parking. Does anyone who fishes it have any tips / info you'd be willing to share on parking and launching?
lookin4_big_gurls
Posted 3/31/2012 6:57 PM (#549794 - in reply to #549710)
Subject: RE: Trailer parking at Calhoun?

It can be kind of a pain! Make sure to have a boat partner with you bc you do not want to leave your rig sitting at the launch with all of the people hanging out around there. then sometime...most times you have to drive the streets looking for a spot large enough for a truck and trailer. It is nice if you have someone you can trust to drive your trailer to park it so you can troll down the shore line and pick them up. So it can be work but the eye candy running all the way around the lake all day is quite beneficial!;)
TC MUSKIE
Posted 3/31/2012 8:11 PM (#549817 - in reply to #549794)
Subject: Re: Trailer parking at Calhoun?

you'll just have to park far away and walk.
lpmusky
Posted 4/11/2012 8:07 AM (#552391 - in reply to #549710)

Rookie mistake is takin a right out of boat ramp, no left turns till 36th street. also expect locals parking close to trailer the last two years had to replace trailer lights. winding days have two elec motors and plenty of batteries. most guys dont like to fish on calm days due to clear water on Houn. Good luck with sail boaters they will drive in to you and make you move. they feel they have the right of way. I have had no problems the last 13 years fishing Houn by myself and leaving boat while walking to trailer. But weekends after midnight drunks come down from Uptown. park is closed after midnight. opens at 6am.Good luck this year, I have a older Blue Ranger say hi if you see me on the water. Larry
happy hooker
Posted 4/11/2012 4:48 PM (#552536 - in reply to #552391)

look very very carefully at the signs make sure you look along the whole block!!! especially on a weekday,
actually best luck has been on the streets running east west seem to find more two place openings and less signs
you dont want easy parking it keeps guys/pressure away from the lake
WBL_JL
Posted 4/12/2012 8:37 PM (#552786 - in reply to #549710)

I fish Harriett a couple times a month, the idea that I've came up with since the landing and parking is ALWAYS packed with runners/walkers/events is IF I am alone I either pray to god there is a spot or else Ill throw a bike/scooter in my truck and quickly park around the corner in the neighborhood and haul ass to the launch.

I've only had 1 issue when I actually got a parking spot though so it wasnt to bad.. a couple of neigbor"hood" members where on the dock and for some reason in awh over my boat/big lures etc. soo I just played along waited for them to clear out and then got my truck.

I've also contemplated giving the nice innocent pedestrian fishing on the dock landing $5 to watch my stuff while I go get my truck if I park in a neighborhood.