Looking for family friendly musky fishing resort/cabin in NW WI
NE WI RiverRat
Posted 3/8/2012 8:46 PM (#544730)
Subject: Looking for family friendly musky fishing resort/cabin in NW WI

Looking for any and all good recon on a family friendly (three small daughters, 7, 5, & 2) musky lake cabin, lodge or resort. I will be there with my wife and kids, and my parents.

This trip will be in mid-late June of this year, and is also to get my dad on some good musky water. My dad is 73 and in great health, but doesn't get to fish much, and lives in GA now.

I asked the forum a couple years back when we still lived out of state, and ended up at Yellow Lake and at Ike Walton. It was a good place, but a little cramped on space. We might be back, but wanted to see if there are any suggestions.

Has anyone any recon on BigSwedes? I hear it is pretty good, but has a lot of party folks, and may not be great for kids used to being asleep at 8pm.

Any and all info would be great.
PM me if you want too.

Thanks ahead of time.

Edited by NE WI RiverRat 3/8/2012 8:47 PM
lhprop1
Posted 3/9/2012 9:02 AM (#544812 - in reply to #544730)
Subject: Re: Looking for family friendly musky fishing resort/cabin in NW WI

Lakewoods Resort and Four Seasons Resort are both family friendly places on Lake Namekagan.
Emptynet
Posted 3/9/2012 9:14 PM (#544996 - in reply to #544730)
Subject: RE: Looking for family friendly musky fishing resort/cabin in NW WI

Check out Mystic Moose resort on Moose Lake outside of Hayward, very family friendly. Good musky fishing along with walleye, smallmouth, and panfish. And only 20 min to Hayward with alot of family activities.
muskiehunter2
Posted 3/10/2012 8:14 AM (#545034 - in reply to #544730)

treeland resort in hayward,check the website to see if it fits your needs.my girls loved it,its on the chip .
dward
Posted 3/10/2012 7:36 PM (#545114 - in reply to #545034)

Teal and lost land lake in Hayward......can't think of resort name I stayed at. Also big st Germain lodge is good for a family....great beach area
NE WI RiverRat
Posted 3/10/2012 10:32 PM (#545154 - in reply to #545114)

Thanks for all the good info.....have booked up on moose lake.....will follow up with fish report......thanks again.