Ironman Tournaments
vegas492
Posted 10/24/2011 9:24 AM (#521837)
Subject: Ironman Tournaments

You know what, sometimes in life you have to admit when you are wrong about something. This is my time to do so.

I fished my first muskie tournament last fall and it was an Ironman tournament. We had a very nice finish and the tournament was a lot of fun. What wasn't fun for my boat was the scoring system that was in place. I'm not going to rehash all the old stuff. But, I will say that I exchanged some emails with Tom Rozek about how the scoring system could be improved.

And wouldn't you know it, I heard that Tom made some great changes to the system. There is now a scoring system that cannot be disputed. I love this change and have to give a ton of credit to Tom for seeing a way to improve his tournament and implementing the change.
ffdonnie
Posted 10/25/2011 8:05 PM (#522141 - in reply to #521837)
Subject: Re: Ironman Tournaments

I will make sure Tom gets this. We at the Ironman Tournament try to make all our events Fun, Fair and Affordable. We always listen to input and suggestions. And as you have heard, we do take them seriously and will make changes if we
believe it is the best for the fish, angler and tournament. I hope you will come out and fish one of our events this year or next. Thanks Donnie
vegas492
Posted 10/26/2011 9:33 AM (#522192 - in reply to #521837)
Subject: RE: Ironman Tournaments

I'm not going to rehash what happened between me and Tom last year. That is between me and him and I'll bet he's forgotten about most of it by now.

I have to give Tom a ton of credit for making changes to eliminate any discrepancies in the future. It takes a big man to admit when something is wrong and he did the right thing, so I have to do the right thing and give him credit.

Thanks for the offer to fish the Ironman again at a future date. I would fish the tournament this Saturday on Pewaukee, but my wife asked if I would take her out instead. I'll see your guys out there.

Junkman
Posted 10/26/2011 12:59 PM (#522232 - in reply to #522192)
Subject: RE: Ironman Tournaments

vegas492 - 10/26/2011 9:33 AM

It takes a big man to admit when something is wrong and he did the right thing, so I have to do the right thing and give him credit.

Have you seen Tom lately?? He ain't so big anymore!