Sabaskong Bay - LOTW (Oct 2011)
MyliesPlace(Justin)
Posted 10/3/2011 2:28 PM (#519142)
Subject: Sabaskong Bay - LOTW (Oct 2011)

A great start to October fishing over the weekend here in the Morson area. Finally got some muskie hunters back in the neighbourhood and they had some great action. One of our guest boats had 20 fish up on Saturday, boating 3. Several nice fish seen. Another angler landed a 45 and 47 in a couple of evening runs.

Those two boats were using bucktails and bulldawg respectively. Bait fish schools were the key to action. Fish were shallow (10 feet and less) and mostly came from rock structure.

Water temps 56-58 degress Saturday night with some well above normal air temps in the works this week. Back to normal temps for next week. Bloom has been present, but not a major factor as there are cleaner areas to be found when the wind moves it around. Overall, water clarity is quite good compared to usual. Casting bite should be on for another week or two before trolling becomes more effective.

I found a couple fish trolling Saturday night..a peanut on a Krave and a nicer fish hit and didnt stick on a Jake. Two pike as well with one being a pudgy 36 incher.

The best time of the year to be out on the lake is here. #*^@ it seemed like forever since I pulled that last bait in on the last day of fishing in November of 2010.

MyliesPlace(Justin)
Posted 10/10/2011 6:12 PM (#520076 - in reply to #519142)
Subject: RE: Sabaskong Bay - LOTW (Oct 2011)

Water temps 57-58 over the weekend. Had some boats chasing muskies over the weekend and they had some success, including a 48 incher. Casting some cranks at the rocks has produced the most action.

I trolled a bit in limited action and managed to catch one and lose one.

Winds creating some of the cleanest water we've seen this time of year in a long time. Though it will get green when it's calm for a few days.

Hoping for fall temps to kick in soon and get things down to the low 50s.

MyliesPlace(Justin)
Posted 10/18/2011 8:04 AM (#521152 - in reply to #519142)

Bite is on in Sabaskong!

Pile of fish caught over the weekend starting last Thursday. One fish right at 50 that I'm aware of so far. Trolling cranks has been the ticket. TN Shad, Jailbird, Chartreusse Darter a couple of the hot patterns. Jakes, Grandmas, Kraves have been successful so far. Trolling rock structure.

Water temps Monday were 50-53 degrees. Cold weather (overnight lows in the low 30s, upper 20s) will continue to bring down temps right in the area we want them to be.

Get out there and crash some shorelines while looking for baitfish and you're bound to contact some LOTW muskies.
MyliesPlace(Justin)
Posted 10/25/2011 10:17 PM (#522161 - in reply to #519142)

Water temps 46-47 most places. Fish have been snapping pretty good...numbers for some anglers...good size for others....weather has been stable and fishing should be good for awhile yet. our lasts guests are leaving on the weekend so it will be time for the big dock pulling operation soon.

I hope to get out a week or two into November if water temps hold or drop slow and the weather doesnt get too miserable. Hard to find fishing partners when deer seasons open though. HAHA.

Trolling rock structure is the ticket. Jakes, Grandmas and Kraves all producing fish. No surprise there.