Navigation question Eagle River to Three Lakes Chain
dward
Posted 9/14/2011 9:13 PM (#516613)
Subject: Navigation question Eagle River to Three Lakes Chain

I have only fished the Three Lakes Chain and have never been up on the Eagle River ( 8-9 lakes) to the north. Can i navigate all the way up into the Eagle Chain? If so, is it always safe passage, or do you have to be careful certain times of the year? also how long does it take to get through at a safe/controlled speed?

Thanks in advance for the replies
joe54558
Posted 9/14/2011 9:37 PM (#516617 - in reply to #516613)
Subject: RE: Navigation question Eagle River to Three Lakes Chain

Yes, you can get to the Eagle River chain. you need to go through Long lake up the channel to the Burnt Rollway Dam, there is a boat hoist that takes you over the dam to the Eagle River side. Then you take about a two mile no wake ride into Cranberry Lake. It is so much easier to pull out and drive the few miles. Although the lift is pretty neat to see. Google Burnt Rollway Dam

Joe
muskie! nut
Posted 9/14/2011 9:38 PM (#516620 - in reply to #516613)
Subject: Re: Navigation question Eagle River to Three Lakes Chain

In my Strebig book it states that "To travel the entire chain by boat you must use the boat hoist located at the Burnt Rollaways Dam (see Long Lake map). It stays open from Memorial Day weekend to October 1st. Hours are from 10am to 6pm."

I'm not sure if that is is what is done these days, but iit probably smarter and quicker to trailer your boat over instead.