Boat Registration
Posted 8/30/2011 8:57 PM (#514436)
Subject: Boat Registration

Hey guys,

I need some help, this isnt a fishing question but I'm not sure were to post it. I have a fishing boat my family used about 3 years ago. Then we got a new fishing boat and put the old one in storage. The boat registration on the old boat expired in 2009. I have recently brought the old boat out of storage and need to renew the registration. I tried online and it said that the watercraft was not found when i entered the registration number and hull ID. If my old registration exp do i need to apply for a new one completely? Someone please help Thanks
wallydiven
Posted 8/31/2011 12:03 AM (#514460 - in reply to #514436)
Subject: Re: Boat Registration

Yep, and you will have to pay for last years regestration as well. Atleast that's how it is in Indiana. Keep us posted on what you find out in your state. Thanks
ulbian
Posted 8/31/2011 8:24 AM (#514470 - in reply to #514436)
Subject: Re: Boat Registration

When you search for that boat in the database make sure you have the exact name it was registered under as your search query. If it is registered as "Jonathan Smith" and you search John Smith, Jon Smith, Johnny Smith, Jonny Smith, etc. you won't find it.

The other thing you could do is simply send it in by mail if that is still an option. The snail mail approach used to take forever but now that everyone is doing this online the mailed in forms are rare and receive immediate attention. I sent my last one in via snail mail and a neighbor did his online both the same day. I had my stickers before he did.