Dr. Sonar Bruce Sampson ??'s
Musky53
Posted 5/8/2011 6:18 PM (#497420)
Subject: Dr. Sonar Bruce Sampson ??'s

I am basically unable to start fishing until July so it is basically still winter for me as far as time on the water goes. I want to take this time to learn more about reading my Lowrance HDS and Downscan systems. Has anyone watched the Dr. Sonar DVD's or been to his seminars? Also, if anyone is looking to unload any of his DVD's I would be interested in buying. I am not a complete dummy when it comes to this stuff but I feel I can learn a lot more about not only reading but interpreting what I see. Any input on this would be great. I think I might got right to the advanced DVD and the structurescan DVD.

As a side note, there may be some guys feel that this is a waste of money or that it is not needed. Trust me, I need it. I have some real quality (and expensive) equipment. My big problem is that I suck at fishing! I fish some real productive waters in northern WI and I put very few fish in the boat. I also would enjoy fishing walleye and smallies and don't even know where to start there. I can handle different presentations and variations of artificial and live bait. I just really think I could improve what I am doing to produce more fish.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Tom
tcbetka
Posted 5/8/2011 7:48 PM (#497440 - in reply to #497420)
Subject: RE: Dr. Sonar Bruce Sampson ??'s

I've checked out a couple of his DVDs and thought they were pretty good. I bought one of them, but have no idea where it is right now. I would say that you should download their product emulator for the unit you have (if they offer one), and practice with that. A few years ago I had a Garmin unit, and they sold an actual power supply with a serial cable interface to the computer--so you could use the actual unit itself. I liked that, but the Lowrance emulator does the same thing I suppose.

The more time you can put in with an emulator or the real unit, using an interface to the PC, the better off you'll be on the water. Instead of driving around trying to figure out the machine, you'll be using it to find structure and (hopefully) catch more fish.

If you can find one of his DVDs, I'd buy it. You can probably also find a lot of free video information on YouTube as well--at least enough to get you going with an emulator. But Lowrance makes their product manuals free online as I recall, if you don't have yours handy.

This will be time well-spend, IMHO.

TB
TJ DeVoe
Posted 5/8/2011 8:23 PM (#497447 - in reply to #497420)
Subject: Re: Dr. Sonar Bruce Sampson ??'s

I have both sets, the LCX and HDS DVD's, well worth the money and I highly recommend them.
Musky53
Posted 5/8/2011 8:30 PM (#497451 - in reply to #497420)
Subject: Re: Dr. Sonar Bruce Sampson ??'s

Awesome! Thanks guys! I did check out just about every one of his YouTube videos as well