Dual Pro Charger question
thrax_johnson
Posted 5/7/2011 4:52 PM (#497257)
Subject: Dual Pro Charger question

I've got a Dual Pro Charger in my boat, 2 bank/15amp per bank. Getting the boat ready and went to charge today, and one bank seems ok, the other just flashes the green light, then green off and all 5 reds come on, then blank, then repeats. I've read the manual, gone thru the process of switching the leads between the battery and the same bank continues to do the same thing regardless of what battery its on.

They say "call the factory" in this case but of course no one is there on a Sat afternoon. Has anyone else had this happen to a Dual Pro and is it the kiss of death for the charger?
Spallgard
Posted 5/8/2011 12:32 AM (#497314 - in reply to #497257)
Subject: RE: Dual Pro Charger question

It is probably throwing a code. Call it in and explain what's happening.
I had a 2 bank that was doing pretty much the same thing on one bank. I described the symptoms over phone. They sent me a new charger. I sent the old one back in the box the new one came in. I believe it was still under warranty at the time. Dual Pro was very prompt in sending the new charger. I have not had another issue in 8 years.

Good Luck!
Ifishskis
Posted 5/8/2011 8:14 AM (#497343 - in reply to #497257)
Subject: Re: Dual Pro Charger question

FYI....Dual Pro is not owned by the same company anymore. New ownership 4'ish (??) years ago.