Frabil Power Stow
DMcMusky
Posted 3/3/2011 2:43 PM (#484922)
Subject: Frabil Power Stow

I realize these are just coming out, however anyone have experience with these nets? Models 8527 or 8530?? I used a Stowmaster TS116Y prior to it being melted in a fire last July. I'm looking to purchase one of these Frabil's or the same Stowmaster soon. Any opinions, comments will be appreciated

Only complaint with the Stowmaster was the weight, probably heaviest net I've used, but really was a very minor issue. I was very happy with the net.
Tackle Industries
Posted 3/3/2011 5:03 PM (#484946 - in reply to #484922)
Subject: Re: Frabil Power Stow

I am 99% sure the new Frabil is the Stowmaster technology. From what I know Frabil bought patent rights to the Stowmaster net. So, I am sure Frabil looked at the net and made improvements to it including reduction in weight but I have yet to hold one. Very cool nets IMO for keeping a huge net in your boat and stored.
archerynut36
Posted 3/3/2011 5:05 PM (#484947 - in reply to #484922)

i didnt make it to chicago, but i believe that they had some in the frabil booth.. i already have a kahuna, and a power skoop kwick kradle(pete maina design) and would love to get my hands on one of frabil's new one
sworrall
Posted 3/3/2011 8:52 PM (#484992 - in reply to #484922)

Buy the Frabill.
detroithardcore
Posted 3/4/2011 7:50 AM (#485049 - in reply to #484922)

How big is it? Hoop size? Depth of bag? Etc... I just went from a Stowmaster to a Frabill Big Kahuana. I love how big the net is and the biggest of fish can recoop without being tangled up. Downfall is I'll need to start lifting weights as both nets are so #*^@ heavy when fishing alone. That is a plus for Beckman... My fishing partner has one and after netting a couple fish I couldn't beleive how light those Beckman nets are! I'm happy with my Frabill but it's the older model and doesn't have the "power yolk" so I have to snap or click it in place.