replacing net bag
CASTING55
Posted 2/27/2011 7:37 AM (#484076)
Subject: replacing net bag

ordered a new net bag for my beckman and now I can`t get the screws out to change the bag,have any of you guys had this problem and had to drill them out because you stripped the screws.I would hate to ruin the net by drilling in to it,would assume I would have to go with a larger size screw after I drill the old ones out.
5th lake Brad
Posted 2/27/2011 8:17 AM (#484078 - in reply to #484076)
Subject: RE: replacing net bag

You could take a drill bit and drill into the screw deep enough to be able to snap the head off. A hammer and a nail punch will do the trick. The drill bit needs to be about the same diameter as the screw shank. Then take a pair of vice-grips and twist the shank out by hand. Drilling too deep leaves nothing to grab with vice-grips, not deep enough and the head won't snap off. A delicate balance but doing this will allow the exact same size screws to be used without drilling and tapping new holes. Good luck.
muskie! nut
Posted 2/27/2011 8:36 PM (#484204 - in reply to #484076)
Subject: Re: replacing net bag

or take a dremel and a cut off blade and cut behind the nut.
CASTING55
Posted 2/27/2011 8:55 PM (#484211 - in reply to #484204)
Subject: Re: replacing net bag

ended up getting the screws off,my neighbor has every tool and fixes and makes things all the time,saw his garage door open so walked over with the net and he cut the heads of the screws with a saw and made them a flathead,and then got them off with a flathead screw driver.I had to go to the hardware store and buy 2 new screws,.40 cents for stainless,no big deal.