America's Out Door Show
Johnny_B
Posted 1/29/2011 1:18 PM (#478496)
Subject: America's Out Door Show

I went to to America's Outdoor Show last night and was pleasantly surprised. The seminar's were good. Vince Weirick did a great job on small baits for muskie. Ralph Steiger had two good sessions on Lake Michigan Smallmouth and then on Kings. I've been out with Ralph chasing smallmouth on Lake Michigan and he's simply fantastic! Frank Hyla talked about fishing Illinois lakes and even pointed a few muskies lakes that I didn't know. Denny Sands did a great job on Shabonna Lake. Joe Meyer from Orvis had a good general fly casting demo. Yeah, I'm going to be fly fishing for muskies this year, where's my credit card...

The muskies lures were easily available for purchase. Thorne Bros, Kurt's, and Guide's Choice were there. Guide's Choice and Kurt's looked to have their entire booth from the Chicago Musky show. I picked several items that I had missed at the Chicago show. Yeah, I had promised the wife I wasn't going to buy anything...

I ended the day drooling over the new Ranger's. My Ranger is 4 years old after all...

All in all, I expected it to be a quick stop and take less than an hour but I spent 7 hours at the show. If you're in Chicago and looking for something to do, I'd recommend stopping by the show.

Take care..

John

BTW, I'm not connected with any of this. I simply had a really good time that was totally unexpected! Can't beat that!
muskellunged
Posted 1/29/2011 2:13 PM (#478508 - in reply to #478496)
Subject: Re: America's Out Door Show

I am working a booth at this show, and am totlly impressed so far! Musky wise, it's well worth it, but with everything else combined it is truly the best show I've ever been to, no embellishing! I'd pay the admission two-fold just to for the chance of meeting Tiffany of Lee & Tiffany! Come on out if you love the outdoors, this one is packed with everything you need! Plenty of friendly folks from all walks and some really good deals!

Mike

Edited by muskellunged 1/29/2011 2:14 PM
Vince Weirick
Posted 1/31/2011 12:01 AM (#478772 - in reply to #478496)
Subject: Re: America's Out Door Show

John,

Thanks for the kind words and glad you enjoyed not only my seminar but all others as well! Sounds like you were pretty busy!