Costa Del Mar lenses
Muskylure
Posted 1/29/2011 9:06 AM (#478460)
Subject: Costa Del Mar lenses

I am looking intoi buying a new pair of sunglasses and wondered what the best lest color is for musky fishing. Has anyone tried the silver mirror or the green mirror ones from CDM?
reelman
Posted 1/29/2011 12:50 PM (#478488 - in reply to #478460)
Subject: Re: Costa Del Mar lenses

I haven't tried the silver but I do have both the green and blue lenses. Originally I got the blue lenses with grey tint and liked them so much that I picked up the green with amber tint for low light conditions. After a little while I found that I wear the green/amber almost all the time. I would suggest getting the glass lenses as they are as durable as a tank. I have broke my arms a couple times due to sitting on them, dropping them, etc. but the lenses are still perfect.
esoxaddict
Posted 1/29/2011 1:59 PM (#478503 - in reply to #478460)
Subject: Re: Costa Del Mar lenses

I've got a pair of the the Fathom 480's with the gray lens/blue mirror, and find them to be ideal for most fishing, espeically big water (i.e ocean fishing) and on super bright days. But early mornings, after sunset, dark rainy days, etc. I was having trouble seeing follows. I bought a pair of the same with the amber lens/green mirror. MUCH better. I now wear these for 90% of my fishing. Whatever you get, make sure they are comfortable. If they start feeling uncomfortable after an hour or two, think what they will feel like after 10 hours.

I had a problem with the rubber part that goes behind your ear disintegrating after 4 years, but I sent them back and they replaced the arms free of charge. (minus a $12 shipping fee) The lenses are great but not indestructable - I put a nice chip in mine dropping them on the driveway before I was smart enough to get a set of lanyards. But so far they have not scratched.
Muskylure
Posted 1/29/2011 10:22 PM (#478582 - in reply to #478460)
Subject: RE: Costa Del Mar lenses

Thanks for the feedback