Peeling Clear Coat
Stan Durst 1
Posted 8/9/2010 1:34 PM (#454098)
Subject: Peeling Clear Coat

Steve Worrall,
I don't if this is the right thread for this post but I want to get this message out to some people.

I just got a message that the clear coat peeled off within an hour of using it on a custom Weagle I painted.
I am having it returned and am re-doing it for the gentleman as it is a very rare thing to happen with the coating.
I want every one, whom has bought a custom painted Weagle from me, to let me know if they are having the same problem so I can make it right.
It is NOT the Weagle, but rather painters error while applying several clear coats.
I think, as busy as I have been, that I waited to long to apply the successful coats.
The Clear Coat product I have used for years is very dependable and not at fault either.
Please respond to this if you purchased a lure from me recently and had this problem and we will get it taken care of promptly. I apologize for any inconvenience.
Thanks guys,
Stan

Edited by Stan Durst 1 8/9/2010 1:39 PM
sworrall
Posted 8/9/2010 3:37 PM (#454124 - in reply to #454098)
Subject: Re: Peeling Clear Coat

Stand up customer service, thanks Stan.
rpieske
Posted 8/9/2010 4:13 PM (#454135 - in reply to #454098)

Wow!!! What a great business plan.....admit errors and make them right. Way to go, Stan. You'll keep happy customers with this type of response.
Stan Durst 1
Posted 8/10/2010 7:27 AM (#454242 - in reply to #454135)

Thanks Steve and Bob,
My customers, as well as my work, is very important to me. I have guys whom have been repeat customers for years and I am only trying to do the right thing. I receive checks for payment from all over the States and from Canada and never has a musky hunter ever stiffed me. It is only right to return such honesty and I feel also that to stand behind my work is the ONLY way to do business.
I really appreciate all of the fellows whom musky fish and do business with me.
As a side note, I just celebrated the 30th anniversary of my 38th Birthday ( 68 ) by scaling the wall. So I must be good to go for a couple more years yet.
Stan