Cannot wait to fish.................
Muddy41
Posted 8/6/2010 6:30 PM (#453795)
Subject: Cannot wait to fish.................

I hate to beg but all this research and asking questions, visiting forums and buying tackle has almost driven me over the edge.

As some of you know I have decided to give musky fishing a try for the first time ever in my old age. I have been on this site for about a month now learning what I can from alot of people and I really appreciate all the help I have gotten.

I have also bought a bunch of new and used lures off this site as well. I am still in the saving mode for buying my rod and reel setups that I will need to use when chasing the monsters of the lakes. Which I should have in place within a couple of weeks.

When I got into this I truly did not understand what I was getting into. Musky fishing is alot more costly than bass fishing!!!! But from everything I have seen and read and talked about it will be well worth it !!!!!!

My wife thinks I am nuts stayig up late at night glued to my computer looking at anything and everything musky. Watching the videos are my favorite!!!! Gets the blood boiling!!!! So in the mean time I just have to hold out and wait until everything falls into place in a couple of weeks and then I will be able to enjoy what I have been so painfully experiancing over the past weeks!!!!

But now with that said if someone out there ever has a open seat and would like to take a old rookie out and teach him a thing or 2 about muskies I would be more than happy to join you!!!! I am truly dieing to get out there and give it a try. It would be really helpfull to me if I had the chance to go out with someone that know what they are doing to learn a few tricks of the trade.

Unfortuantly I do not have any friends that fish for muskies. They are mostly like myself before getting this itch I have and they are pretty much bass fisherman with the passion to chase a good walleye meal from time to time.

So if you have a seat open maybe even for this saturday afternoon or evening or even all day Sunday I would be a willing. I do not have any rod or reels to use but I do have some lures that I would like to give a try!!!!!!

Just PM me or call me 612-227-9062. I will be on the net for a good chunk of the night drolling over musky videos!!!! If you call and I do not answer just listen to the music and leave a message. I have a honey do list to get started tonight and have it finsihed by 11 am tomorrow so I hopefully can hit a lake for some fishing.

I do have a boat that could be used as well. I live in Richfield, MN so if you are witin a resonnable drive from here and have room I am willing to drive and meet you!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like I am begging!!!! Well kinda. I am doing everything I can to get myself on the lake to catch a musky but the wife has reigns on my spending and I cannot go hog wild. But should be set within the next 2-3 weeks. Which will be timed perfectly for work. We are busier than heck right now working 10-12 hours a day until the end of the month!!!

If you managed to read all this THANK YOU I will stop know as my fingers are getting tired and it is time to watch a short video clip of muskies going into a boat!!

Take care and thanks for letting my fingers do the talking tonight!
Mike
Richfield, MN
sworrall
Posted 8/6/2010 6:32 PM (#453796 - in reply to #453795)
Subject: Re: Cannot wait to fish.................

I bet you'll find a seat or two to hold down. If I lived over there, I'd ask you to join me when I have a vacant seat!
shaley
Posted 8/6/2010 8:02 PM (#453802 - in reply to #453796)

Same here if you was closer I'd have a seat for you...
Emptynet
Posted 8/6/2010 8:07 PM (#453803 - in reply to #453795)
Subject: RE: Cannot wait to fish.................

Have you checking out Muskies Inc? There are 2 chapters in the Cities with a few hundred ppl afflicted with this musky addiction. I joined MI 4 1/2 yrs ago & learned more about musky fishing in the 1st season than in the previous dozen years of fishing on my own. You'll find most members are more than willing to help and usually have extra equipment to loan. It'll sure shorten the learning curve and you'll find a couple fishing partners along the way.
Dave
Muddy41
Posted 8/8/2010 4:35 AM (#453890 - in reply to #453803)

Thanks Dave for the heads up about joinging a club. I am thinking about doing that at some point. I am going to take what's left of this season and just get out there and give it a try.

As well as with fishing I am also true bow hunter as well and that season is coming fast upon us as well. In about a month I will be tossing a coin to fingure out if I will be fishing on the weekend or hitting the woods!!!!!!!

With kids I will be more on the lake than in the woods as none of my daughters are into hunting yet. But they do love to get out on the lake to fish!

But I will be looking into a club especially during the winter where I can get with people and listen and learn from them while waiting for the ice to melt away!!!!!

Muddy41
Posted 8/9/2010 12:14 AM (#454006 - in reply to #453890)

Well I did get out not for muskies but 2 of girls finally had a free weekend with no sports so I took them out and tried to put them on some pan fish. We caught a few but holy schmoly batman it was waaaaaaaaaay too hot to be out there. But had to get out on a lake even if it was not getting a taste of muskie fishing.

We did try to catch some bass and did find a few in deep water but with it so hot we decided to just drive the boat around and park to let the girls get into the water and cool off.

So at least I got a fix for now. But still chomping at the bit to try some musky fishing if anyone has room anytime soon. Unfortuantly I have to work next Saturday until about 2 or 3 in the afternoon. I hate working Saturday!!!!! But the OT will work on gettting me closer to my money goals!!! Whcih means boat in the water catching muskies!!!!!!

Hope you all had a great weekend and that the heat did not ruin everyones fishing.

Take care
Mike
bfunk73183
Posted 8/9/2010 12:19 AM (#454007 - in reply to #454006)

you ever get my PM?

-b-
mtcook16
Posted 8/9/2010 1:53 AM (#454008 - in reply to #453795)

I would be more tham willing to take you out if I had the time. My limited days on the water left before I got to college are filled with other people I promised I would take out. Just to note, especially in the metro, weekday and night fishing are more enjoyable and generally more effective. Lakes like tonka and waconia jsut get too much recretional and fishing pressure dduring the weekends
Muddy41
Posted 8/9/2010 4:15 PM (#454136 - in reply to #454007)

bfunk73183 - 8/9/2010 12:19 AM

you ever get my PM?

-b-

Brian got your PM and just sent one back to you

Thanks
Mike