Help - installing a new trolling motor on my mid-90s bass boat.
bmazzo8
Posted 7/2/2010 2:55 PM (#448381)
Subject: Help - installing a new trolling motor on my mid-90s bass boat.

Hi all, I just bought the Minn Kota 80 lb USII/IP Terrova. I am pretty uneasy about where to position it for stability at the front of the boat. Does any one have suggestions or even pictures of where you positioned your prolling motor on your boat? Thanks guys, Bob
TJ DeVoe
Posted 7/2/2010 3:27 PM (#448387 - in reply to #448381)
Subject: Re: Help - installing a new trolling motor on my mid-90s bass boat.

Mounting a trolling motor is actually quite easy. First rule of thumb, measure twice, drill once!

When mounting a trolling motor, your main objective is to place the trolling motor in the down position, or in other words, in the fishing position. If you can mount the motor while it's in the down position, then that's good. You just want to make sure you have enough clearance so the motor can be deployed and stowed without hitting the edge of the boat.

Also, the other main thing is, make sure your angle of the motor is just so, so when the trolling motor is stowed, the head of the Terrova doesn't go outside of the boat when in the stowed position. So, meaning if you were to put a cover on the boat, the motor head wouldn't stick outside of the boat when it's stowed.

Those two things are your main concerns, watch for these and you really can't go wrong when mounting it.
Posted 7/2/2010 7:07 PM (#448400 - in reply to #448381)
Subject: RE: Help - installing a new trolling motor on my mid-90s bass boat.

Thanks, that is what I was hoping to hear. It was a tight squeeze, but it is mounted now. Thanks again.