Lowrance 110v power supply?
tcbetka
Posted 5/17/2010 6:23 AM (#441166)
Subject: Lowrance 110v power supply?

Does anyone know if Lowrance offers a power supply adapter for 110v?

A few years ago I had a Garmin GPS/Sonar unit, and had this neat 110v adapter that allowed me to use the unit while sitting on my recliner. It had a 110v transformer, and a plug to power the unit. It also had a serial port for connecting to the computer. I used to insert waypoints on the software that came with it, and then transfer them to the unit. And I was simply able to practice using the unit so I wasn't fumbling around doing it on the boat. But I sold that unit with the boat, and now have an LCX-38c HD unit on my Tyee.

I am planning to buy either a Lakemaster chip, or (alternatively) a Navionics Gold or Fishing Hotspots chip for Green Bay for the Lowrance unit. So I would like to find a power supply that allows me to do something similar to what I did with the Garmin. Lowrance must make something like that, but I didn't see it on their site when I looked last night; nor did I see it on LEI's site. So does anyone know if they make such a thing?

I was also considering a Humminbird Side Imaging unit with a Navionics bundle, so that's sort of why I was considering the Lakemaster chip for the Lowrance--I could have one of each, used in the different units. But does Humminbird offer this sort of device to use their 997/998/1197 units at home, interfaced to a computer? If they do (and Lowrance doesn't), then I'll simply buy a Humminbird unit sooner rather than later.

Thanks for the help.

TB
tcbetka
Posted 5/17/2010 6:52 AM (#441167 - in reply to #441166)
Subject: RE: Lowrance 110v power supply?

I should add that I could always make up such a harness, as I do have a 12v power supply here at home. But the problem in that case is knowing which other cables I need; in particular, how do I interface the unit with the PC?

Maybe I will just try to call the Lowrance tech support people or Customer Service, and ask them about it.

TB

EDIT: I called Lowrance, but couldn't get through. So I called a vendor who is one of the sponsor for the "The Hull Truth" boating forum. He told me that he was unaware of any such power adapter and PC interface. Instead, he suggested the NavPlanner2 software, with the Navionics Gold package. You simply load the software onto your laptop, and then do all your work from there--and transfer to the LCX-38c unit via a blank SSD card. So that's what I ordered.

The stuff should be here later this week...

TB

Edited by tcbetka 5/17/2010 9:51 AM