A few more questions about airbrush stuff
musky slut
Posted 1/26/2010 12:06 PM (#419610)
Subject: A few more questions about airbrush stuff

So, I ended up getting an Iwata dual action brush . So, Has anyone used the little filter that attaches right to the brush ? Sounds cool but don't know if it will be in the way ? Or is it best to put one further back the line ?

If I start out with water based paint ...... I assume to clean up you just use water ?

Do you all spray E-tex or just brush it on ?

When repainting plastic baits to you prime them ? Also , do you Etex plastic baits as it seems they don't come that way

Sorry for all of the dumb questions but better to ask then redo

Thanks for the input !!!!

muskyslayer96
Posted 1/26/2010 2:49 PM (#419680 - in reply to #419610)
Subject: RE: A few more questions about airbrush stuff

Musky slaut,

I'm not sure about the filter, if it's a moisture filter for the airbrush hose, it's a good idea to use it. I have one coming off the compressor, and another moisture trap before the airbrush hose I I have my compressor in another room). if the compressor is where you are painting, attach the trap to the compressor and have your airbrush hose connected to that.

You can clean the water based paints with water or windex (or windex diluted with water) Use distilled water only!
Etex needs to be brushed on, there are some great posts on that if you do a search, just mix it well.
I prime everything with white fusion spray paint, it's made for plastic but it primes nicely.
Good luck,

MS
kromelure
Posted 1/26/2010 3:14 PM (#419687 - in reply to #419610)
Subject: RE: A few more questions about airbrush stuff

MS said it all!!!
Use that moisture trap. Nothing worse than finishing up a lure then SPLAT a water drop on your work!! Makes you say some pretty nice things when that happens.
Good luck show us pics when your done.
Keith
Dutch fork custom lures