Better Reel Revo Toro or TE 400?
KSauers
Posted 1/4/2010 8:17 PM (#415555)
Subject: Better Reel Revo Toro or TE 400?

Thinking about getting a TE 400 this year. Have 3 Toros that I used last year. Which reel is better and why?
mskyhntr
Posted 1/4/2010 8:54 PM (#415562 - in reply to #415555)
Subject: RE: Better Reel Revo Toro or TE 400?

I havn't used the toro's yet......but I've used the 400te's and I love them. They throw everything well from mepps #5's to pounders. I think there one of the smoothest reels out there. also I think the anti-reverse is the best out there besides the trinidads. Shimano's service is second to none especially on the te's. I like them so much I am gonna pull the trigger on a 700te, after speaking with a lot of reputable people that use this reel for everything, according to them the 700te is the holy grail. Yes they all break but I think these hold up longer than most.

Gonna ask what's wrong with your toro's? you must like them as you have 3. What are you missing with them, that you might think the te offers?

Personally I don't like small bass style reels, I think the ice build up in the fall is enough headache for me not to own one, also Abu reputation isn't something I am willing to dump cash on anymore, just my opinion.

Edited by mskyhntr 1/4/2010 8:57 PM