Kinkaid early spring
Marshall
Posted 1/4/2010 1:26 PM (#415482)
Subject: Kinkaid early spring

I am wanting to do an early spring trip this year, possibly to Kinkaid, and was wondering if anyone could help out on when would be a good time. From what I have read, I don't think that once you get into Feb-Mar, there should be much worry about ice, but if anyone has any advise on if a certain month is better than another, it would be greatly appreciated. Not looking for spots or baits or anything like that, just help on dates. Thanks a bunch.
hawkeye9
Posted 1/4/2010 4:28 PM (#415520 - in reply to #415482)
Subject: RE: Kinkaid early spring

As always the weather plays a huge factor, but if you're needing to get it scheduled I'd plan on early to mid March. I fish another nearby deep-water lake throughout Feb. for largemouth. Begininng of March casting for muskie gets serious. Reports start trickling in toward the end of Feb as the weather is warming. Spawn is usually beginning of April. If you need a guide check to see if Chad Cain or someone on his team is available. Check Chad's website discussion board history for more info. Also the Shawnee Muskie Hunters have a detailed log of when/where/on what fish have been caught. Good Luck!

Edited by hawkeye9 1/4/2010 4:45 PM
KARLOUTDOORS
Posted 1/6/2010 4:54 PM (#415870 - in reply to #415482)

Hey Marshall,
Im planning on going down early to mid march myself. Have gone the last couple years as early as march 10 and as late as 15 Apr. I'm leaning toward earlier but keep an eye on weather. I have some flexibility so if the weather is unstable and waters rising/ heavy rains Ill wait it out a bit but wont let it pass me by either. Every now and then you just have to tough it out. Let me know if.when you plan on going.

BTW Love your signature, "Durka Durka Durka"

Whats the super secret sign?

Okay Gary, no one's looking....ready.....go.

Karl
Esox-Hunter
Posted 1/6/2010 5:45 PM (#415876 - in reply to #415870)

Stay away the 1st two weeks of April!