Tinhead topwater lure ????'s
wkeegobbler
Posted 12/14/2009 3:29 PM (#412723)
Subject: Tinhead topwater lure ????'s

Saw this lure mentioned in a post on what lure to buy for someone who has everything. Watched the youtube video on it. Have a couple questions....

1. Does it rattle at all?
2. How does it retrieve in windy conditions?
3. Does it stay level on the surface of the water pretty well?
4. How much does it weigh?

What have your experiences been with it? Seems like a decent enough lure. Just wondering about how it operates from those who have used it.
fishbag
Posted 12/14/2009 4:02 PM (#412729 - in reply to #412723)
Subject: Re: Tinhead topwater lure ????'s

search is your friend
Medford Fisher
Posted 12/14/2009 9:00 PM (#412795 - in reply to #412723)

Bill, I threw the Tinhead a fair amount late this summer....wish I would've started throwing it a bit earlier. I really like the lure for the reason that you can run it at different speeds and it really has a different action and sound depending on the retrieval speed. It's a different type of topwater and I would definitely recommend having one in your box.
I'll try to help answer your questions:

1. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "rattle" - there are no internal rattles at all.
2. I prefer to use it in calm conditions, especially after dark; however, I believe it would run very well in waves with the medium-to-fast retrieve.
3. As far as staying level on the surface...again, I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for, but the bait doesn't roll over at all. It's always run true and I've never had any problem with it at all.
4. It's 9" long and weighs 3.2 oz

I've caught quite a few bass on it and had one musky hooked and two sky out of the water and miss, then follow it to the boat. Plan on getting quite a few next summer with it.

Hope this helps, Jake

http://www.nazebaits.com/Naze_Baits/Products.html
nazercl
Posted 12/15/2009 11:22 AM (#412874 - in reply to #412723)

Jake hit the nail on the head. I think I would describe the lure as a confidence bait. Easy to throw, easy to retrieve and there is NO wrong way to fish it. You can retreive as fast or as slow as you want, with no foul ups. It works just fine with a chop on the water as well. It's a tough lure, 4X VMCs and the eye screws are buried well over 1 1/4.

At the end of last season we started using a quick start-stop, and raised lots of fish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWeLi2SJ650
jwelch
Posted 12/15/2009 8:12 PM (#412969 - in reply to #412874)

Is there going to be anybody carring them out at the chicago show?

Jeremy
nazercl
Posted 12/15/2009 9:48 PM (#412980 - in reply to #412969)

None at the Chicago show but plenty at the Milwaukee show.

...and you can also order online at: http://www.nazebaits.com/Naze_Baits/Products.html

Wissota Musky
Posted 12/18/2009 10:52 AM (#413291 - in reply to #412723)
Subject: RE: Tinhead topwater lure ????'s

I was able to use the one I have, the few times I was out this year. I think it worked great. I had a couple follows on it one morning. Then I was actually trolling along a weed edge to another spot about 20' behind the boat and I had one blow up on it and lost it. If you want something easy to use this would be it. It also goes through the weeds good. Its something different.