Green River
firstsixfeet
Posted 10/27/2009 10:55 PM (#406738)
Subject: Green River

Fished today. Water has settled and level has been pretty steady. Got there with forecast of 50% chance of rain and about 20 miles from lake hit rain and fished in rain until I was eventually pretty well soaked.

color was good to excellent in upper to mid lake

temps 58 to 60.5, and shad very active and big shad now coved up

had one fish roll at bait early but not hit and was afraid that was the end of it, but fish stayed active and eventually saw 5 activities.

fish were quite active, chasing and moving on a pull bait but only one tentative bite as I let bait float up in front of a snag.

Took the first bait off and put on another slower, less active pull bait(small fooler) and caught a 37" fish, right on a moontime, but since the lake sits almost directly on a time line, who really knows the moontime? I'm too lazy to calculate them out.

I stayed within a 3 mile section but probably could see have seen more fish if I kept moving further. I had the feeling that there was enough activity, that there might have been a more popular bait that readily got hit, but I didn't find it. I actually put on a bucktail for a few spots, they seemed active enough to bite it, but no go.

Cranked some bank looking for a bigger fish, but never even got a follow. Green is very volatile at this time of year due to rain vs draw, but today was as stable as she gets. I had enough fish spotted that I planned on staying for the potential dusk bite, but the rain, and then the wind picking up later, eventually got to me. If I would have left right after catching, I would have missed out seeing two more fish, but I would be dried out by now.