suzy suckers leaning to one side,,storage related???
happy hooker
Posted 10/27/2009 9:54 AM (#406613)
Subject: suzy suckers leaning to one side,,storage related???

I love the paddle tail suzy suckers,,,however Im seeing that a few of them now lean over to one side during the retrive and even roll on occasion,,,they ran straight and level when first bought,,,,A well know skilled angler here said that he noticed if you store you paddletail suzy's so that the tail slumps or leans to one side instead of hanging them so the tail is straight or storing them horizontal that they will develop a bowe or curve and tend to now pull to one side,,,,anybody else have paddle tail suzys not running level or seeing this storage theory????
Shack Attack
Posted 10/27/2009 9:57 AM (#406616 - in reply to #406613)
Subject: Re: suzy suckers leaning to one side,,storage related???

You really need to store them tail down, otherwise the plastic will take the shape of it being bent over. This is made worse when the baits are stored in a hot tackle box or in the sun. Unfortunately this is the down side of soft plastic lures and I know mine are not the only lures to suffer from this. What size and sink rate do you have?
Andy
JRedig
Posted 10/27/2009 10:05 AM (#406619 - in reply to #406613)
Subject: Re: suzy suckers leaning to one side,,storage related???

Yep, seen the same thing. I try to lay mine flat on their bellies.
OneShot
Posted 10/27/2009 1:01 PM (#406642 - in reply to #406613)
Subject: RE: suzy suckers leaning to one side,,storage related???

I've had some come right out of the box with a slight bend in the tail. I've found that hanging them tail down as Shack Attack said will straighten them out, especially on a hot day when the plastic becomes a bit more pliable.
Chas
Posted 10/27/2009 1:25 PM (#406647 - in reply to #406642)
Subject: RE: suzy suckers leaning to one side,,storage related???

OneShot - 10/27/2009 1:01 PM

I've had some come right out of the box with a slight bend in the tail. I've found that hanging them tail down as Shack Attack said will straighten them out, especially on a hot day when the plastic becomes a bit more pliable.

Sounds silly, but using a blow dryer will work also. I'm not saying "Blast" them for 5min, but a little controlled heat will help them retake there form. (I'm sure glad my wife won't read this, she would definatley think I was nuts! )LOL!

Chas