Phillips, WI Chain ?
jackson
Posted 8/28/2009 3:13 PM (#396591)
Subject: Phillips, WI Chain ?

I am wondering and looking for opinions on muskie fishing the phillips chain in Wisconsin. I am looking at vacation time on the lakes. Has this chain been good for muskies ? There is a series of 4 lakes and some people say only a few of them have muskies (not sure i understand how that can be). any opinions? not looking for any deep dark secrets but anything tips would be great. Not much left in the season and want to hit the ground running.

Flambeauski
Posted 8/28/2009 3:25 PM (#396596 - in reply to #396591)
Subject: Re: Phillips, WI Chain ?

All have muskies, Wilson and Long are in my opinion the best of the 4, Besides the inlets/outlets Elk sucks and Duroy is good in the spring. Bright jerkbaits in Wilson and weighted jerkbaits and rubber in Long. Good luck.
John at Ross's
Posted 8/28/2009 8:19 PM (#396651 - in reply to #396591)

I've lived on the chain and been fishing it for 25+ years, I feel that one lake is no better then the other, they all can be good if that lake fits your style of fishing.
BLACKSHEEP7
Posted 8/29/2009 3:14 PM (#396775 - in reply to #396591)

Definitely give John a call or stop in at his shop. He has the best musky shop in the area and is a great guide. I have been out with him the last two years and he has put me on fish both times. He will give you some great direction. At the beginning of this month he took me out and had me on 6 fish in less than 4 hours. Although not on the chain and none in the boat it was still a great outing and I will be back hopefully next year if the wife permits.

Jason