Watch Kolo in ACTION..World Record Attempt
sworrall
Posted 7/30/2009 6:43 PM (#391446)
Subject: Watch Kolo in ACTION..World Record Attempt

Watch our friend from Frabill, Inc. Jeff Kolodzinski try to break his own most-fish-caught-in-a-24-hour-period World Record set last year in a 'Fishing For Life' fund raising effort to get military Family kids out fishing. Marathon Man will be streamed live while fishing for 24 hours straight.

Watch it beginning tomorrow morning at 7 AM sharp. Donate to the cause and cheer Jeff on, too!

View the feed and see the link to donate at:
View the Fishing For Life live feed by 'Live Stream', at http://upload.outdoorsfirst.com/kololive.asp
firstsixfeet
Posted 7/31/2009 5:58 PM (#391634 - in reply to #391446)
Subject: RE: Watch Kolo in ACTION..World Record Attempt

Too bad you can't watch this deal, he must have some big areas baited up in preparation. That is a challenging proposition.
TJ DeVoe
Posted 7/31/2009 6:01 PM (#391636 - in reply to #391446)
Subject: Re: Watch Kolo in ACTION..World Record Attempt

Actually, he was sitting off one dock, I'd highly doubt they had it baited up. It's too bad the stream is so poor, it's been intermittent all day.
firstsixfeet
Posted 7/31/2009 6:07 PM (#391638 - in reply to #391636)

TJ DeVoe - 7/31/2009 6:01 PM

Actually, he was sitting off one dock, I'd highly doubt they had it baited up. It's too bad the stream is so poor, it's been intermittent all day.

Well, think about 1,600 fish in one small area without any attractant, or baiting going on? Thats a huge population in a small area, and they were feeding on what? Seems improbable not to be baited in some manner.

There are areas in southern streams where you could bait and bring in rather massive groups of carp, and buffalo, but. 1600 of those would kill anybody I know, even if they WERE in Musky Shape!
TJ DeVoe
Posted 7/31/2009 6:48 PM (#391644 - in reply to #391638)

firstsixfeet - 7/31/2009 6:07 PM

TJ DeVoe - 7/31/2009 6:01 PM

Well, think about 1,600 fish in one small area without any attractant, or baiting going on? Thats a huge population in a small area, and they were feeding on what? Seems improbable not to be baited in some manner.

There are areas in southern streams where you could bait and bring in rather massive groups of carp, and buffalo, but. 1600 of those would kill anybody I know, even if they WERE in Musky Shape!

I can easily think of at least a dozen docks where I could sit and catch little bluegills the size he's catching all day long without baiting. Were not talking about hand size fish here. Were talking any size fish goes, not too hard on a lake that is overpopulated, not hard at all if one is on the right lake. The real challenge is being able to sit there for 24 hours to do this, that is the real challenge in my honest opinion. I give all the props in the world to Mr. Kolozdinski and his efforts to raise money for this cause.
firstsixfeet
Posted 7/31/2009 10:30 PM (#391676 - in reply to #391644)

Went on line and watched his last years effort which is evidently all recorded. Sure looks like an English maggot bite to me, and every so often looks like he chums a little. As for the fish they are mostly runty but figure he actually had to catch over a fish a minute. Looks like he sits on the pier with 2-3 lackeys getting him coffee, helping reposition occassionally . He might have caught the same fingerlings more than once. Probably hit a mobile perch/crappie/small bass school occasionally, and I would guess he just about had to use barbless. I couldn't unhook that many little ones. I'd want to flip them in the boat like the tuna fisherman do.
TJ DeVoe
Posted 7/31/2009 10:48 PM (#391678 - in reply to #391676)

Chumming or not, so glad to see such supportive comments for one who is trying to do something good for others. Kinda pathetic if you ask me.
Posted 7/31/2009 11:11 PM (#391684 - in reply to #391446)
Subject: RE: Watch Kolo in ACTION..World Record Attempt

Does the "live feed" work at all? I've checked it a few times today and nothing.
TJ DeVoe
Posted 7/31/2009 11:18 PM (#391687 - in reply to #391446)

The live feed was working intermittently all day today up until about 5pm or so. Too bad the feed wasn't an OutdoorsFIRST Live Stream, it would still be going live now with audio, interviews, a ticker updating the catch numbers and more. Maybe next year.
sworrall
Posted 8/3/2009 8:43 AM (#391978 - in reply to #391446)

Kolo worked very hard, but bad weather had it's effect and he missed the World Record. Next year!!
firstsixfeet
Posted 8/3/2009 8:54 AM (#391982 - in reply to #391678)

TJ DeVoe - 7/31/2009 10:48 PM

Chumming or not, so glad to see such supportive comments for one who is trying to do something good for others. Kinda pathetic if you ask me.

What are you talking about? I was simply looking at the technical aspect involved in catching this many fish. I wasn't putting any value judgement on chumming. Evidently you do. Your problem.

1600+ fish in 24 hours of any size=1+ fish per minute for 24 hours. That is a daunting task.