Lake Waconia... Waconia, MN.
PSYS
Posted 7/15/2009 6:26 AM (#388745)
Subject: Lake Waconia... Waconia, MN.

I'm heading out there on Friday with a couple of buddies to do some fishing. My friends won't specifically target musky... they mainly fish for bass. Bleh. With that said, anyone know off hand what end of the lake I'd have the best chance of getting a toothy esox?? I figure, even if my buddies are chucking little bass baits all day long... I'm bringing the musky rods just in case.

AWH
Posted 7/15/2009 9:43 AM (#388769 - in reply to #388745)
Subject: Re: Lake Waconia... Waconia, MN.

Scott,

Waconia has a ton of structure from the shorelines to mid lake reefs and the muskies can be found anywhere. I don't know that there's a "best" end of the lake. I would think wherever your buddies are finding bass, there's going to be a decent chance at finding muskies in those same areas. I've typically seen the bass guys having luck up shallower than I'm fishing muskies out there. So maybe cast off the deep side while your buddies fish shallower?

Aaron
asteffes
Posted 7/15/2009 10:19 AM (#388778 - in reply to #388745)
Subject: RE: Lake Waconia... Waconia, MN.

Scott-

The whole lake holds muskie as stated in the previous post. Watch the wind direction for the next couple of days and focus on areas where the wind has been pounding structure.

With the low water levels, lack of rain, clearer than normal water, and water temps hanging around 73, I have found most of my active fish in deeper water.

Good luck!

Tony Steffes
Muskie Guide - Lake Waconia, Minnetonka, and Independence
PSYS
Posted 7/15/2009 12:29 PM (#388803 - in reply to #388745)
Subject: Re: Lake Waconia... Waconia, MN.

Thanks, Aaron and Tony!!