Bearskin - Oneida County
Elby
Posted 7/14/2009 9:13 AM (#388538)
Subject: Bearskin - Oneida County

Just got an invite from a friend to stay at Bearkin Lake near Tomahawk this weekend. The only information I've been able to gather is that the rusty crays have transformed it from a weed lake to more rock patterns / clearer water and that the smallmouth fishing is supposedly very good. I'm assuming low light conditions are probably best. Anyone have any experience or advise for this lake? You can PM me if preferred. Thanks.

Elby
C.Painter
Posted 7/14/2009 9:20 AM (#388540 - in reply to #388538)
Subject: Re: Bearskin - Oneida County

rusties have gotten it, however, I think it is recovering. Haven't been out there yet this year but lat year the weeds were making a comeback in some areas. Good population of fish in here, but can be hot and cold for me. The lake map sucks!!! so be careful, there are a couple rock bars that can set you back big time. Some huge smallies in here too. I have had action out there during the day but low light obviously better. LOT of good water around that area as well to pull out and hit just for a change.

Good luck!
Ifishskis
Posted 7/14/2009 11:34 AM (#388581 - in reply to #388538)
Subject: RE: Bearskin - Oneida County

Easy lake to fish. Not too big. Nice landing. Like the earlier poster said....watch out for the rock bars....especially just west of the launch. Never seen a big one there but numbers seem OK and there must be some big ones in there. I understand it was a guides "go to catch a musky" lake years ago like Snipe and Boot (Vilas Cty) were.
Elby
Posted 7/14/2009 4:21 PM (#388648 - in reply to #388581)

Thanks guys - appreciate the help.

Elby
welldriller
Posted 7/14/2009 6:45 PM (#388690 - in reply to #388581)

Ifishskis - 7/14/2009 11:34 AM

Easy lake to fish. Not too big. Nice landing. Like the earlier poster said....watch out for the rock bars....especially just west of the launch. Never seen a big one there but numbers seem OK and there must be some big ones in there. I understand it was a guides "go to catch a musky" lake years ago like Snipe and Boot (Vilas Cty) were.

I like that last line. Like snipe and boot were. I crossed snipe off of my list for a while.
Ifishskis
Posted 7/14/2009 7:53 PM (#388699 - in reply to #388690)

welldriller - 7/14/2009 6:45 PM

Ifishskis - 7/14/2009 11:34 AM

I like that last line. Like snipe and boot were. I crossed snipe off of my list for a while.

Should I have added "during the 80's and early 90's"? LOL!!!!!