New SuperDs and MegaDs R Ready to go!
Tackle Industries
Posted 7/6/2009 11:34 AM (#387293)
Subject: New SuperDs and MegaDs R Ready to go!

Well, good, good and bad news. #1 Good news is, my daughter made it through her surgery well and is doing fine #2 good news is that my new colors are "somewhat" ready to go. #3 bad news is that my warehouse where my new baits were kept had a major flood and about 70% of my lures got damaged. It was not the water that damaged them (lol) but the red clay and fine sand that got all over them. I saved a lot and have most colors/sizes and the new MegaDs look great! Rollie and Helens cleaned me out of a lot of my new colors of 13oz MegaDs but I have a lot of the 11.5oz Shallow ones ready to go. All colors are listed as "out of stock" if they are gone. I have a LOT of the regular (heavy and shallow) and the Mag colors. Getting the entire order redone ASAP. Let me know what you think of the new colors. Even did some "Chrome" rubber bait colors. Never seen this color before but it sure does shine!
http://www.tackleindustries.com

Thanks,
James

Below are just a few of the new colors.

Edited by Tackle Industries 7/6/2009 11:36 AM

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(26.JPG)

(27.JPG)

(40.JPG)

(35.JPG)

(41.jpg)

(34.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 26.JPG (33KB - 154 downloads)
Attachments 27.JPG (33KB - 161 downloads)
Attachments 40.JPG (34KB - 155 downloads)
Attachments 35.JPG (33KB - 152 downloads)
Attachments 41.jpg (34KB - 165 downloads)
Attachments 34.JPG (32KB - 153 downloads)
welldriller
Posted 7/6/2009 11:42 AM (#387296 - in reply to #387293)
Subject: Re: New SuperDs and MegaDs R Ready to go!

Good news about your daughter, I hope she's doing great. That sucks about your warehouse though. Nice colors, I'll be swinging into rollie and helens next week and picking some up.
PIKEMASTER
Posted 7/6/2009 1:45 PM (#387329 - in reply to #387293)
Subject: RE: New SuperDs and MegaDs R Ready to go!

I'm glad your daughter is doing OK. WOW NICE COLORS I like the gold with orange, with white on the tip of the tail.
JimtenHaaf
Posted 7/6/2009 2:04 PM (#387332 - in reply to #387293)

Great news about your daughter, James! New colors look great!
bassinbob84
Posted 7/6/2009 4:38 PM (#387346 - in reply to #387293)

Good news about your daughter. Bad news for my wallet. Looks like I will have to place an order next week.
curleytail
Posted 7/6/2009 11:22 PM (#387405 - in reply to #387293)

Great news about your daughter doing well, good news about getting the baits out. I will be ordering a couple, and there's a couple guys that will be putting some baits in with my order also.

Is there anything that can be done to save the baits that got sand/clay on them? It doesn't seem like it would really hurt the rubber stuff or your painted baits. If hooks and split rings got rusty and needed to be replaced no big deal. If all they need is to be washed, go ahead and sell me the sandy ones! Maybe they'll have some kind of special fish catching mojo in them.

curleytail
jasonvkop
Posted 7/7/2009 12:04 AM (#387411 - in reply to #387293)

Great news about your daughter! Very nice new colors! Cant wait to get my hands on some of them. Really like the brown/orange tail with white tip. Just looked at the updated site and looks like the cisco color was redone a little bit? Or am I just seeing things?

Edited by jasonvkop 7/7/2009 12:06 AM
Tackle Industries
Posted 7/7/2009 1:13 AM (#387414 - in reply to #387411)

As for the "sandy" ones, ethically I can't sell them as new but am looking into packaging them in simple poly bags and selling them for a discount to retailers. Just looking into it now.

As for the Cisco, yes, slight changes in all the colors due to a few factors including new plastisol. Over the last 9 months I have re-sourced most of my plastisol, ring wire, paints, etc. Almost all of my lures going out in the last few months have changes to them, I just didn't yap about it much My true Generation II SuperDs are all but gone now and I have a few (what I call) Generation 2.5s out and now the Generation III SuperDs. I have a mix of packaging, some bag and some blister but they are all good. I just need to move everything over to the blister packs now. Had a packaging problem a few months ago and did not move into the new blister packs until now. Still have a few of the MegaDs in blister packaging that is not up to par but I am fixing that too with a heavier gauge blister package. The plastic gets a little too thin when it is molded out as far as it is needed for the MegaD fins and hooks and I did not anticipate it would get so thin. Ahh the fun things that you find out as you go. Good for everyone the musky and pike don't care about packaging Still needs to be fixed though ASAP.

Thanks,
James
curleytail
Posted 7/7/2009 12:18 PM (#387465 - in reply to #387293)

To me the Cisco looked a lot better. I wasn't crazy about the old Cisco color (though I'm sure the fish liked it just fine), but I really like the looks of the new pattern.

You have a lot more business sense than I do, but maybe you could offer the sandy ones to the guys on MuskieFirst. It wouldn't take much (if any) of a price reduction for me to buy them unless they had real permanent damage to them. And heck, send them to me wrapped in news paper!

curleytail

Edited by curleytail 7/7/2009 12:24 PM
brmusky
Posted 7/7/2009 12:52 PM (#387476 - in reply to #387293)

I am with Curleytail - except I want a huge reduction.;) I will take them in an old shoebox, just stuff it full so they won't get damaged in shipping..... size 14 box please.

Edited by brmusky 7/7/2009 12:54 PM
muskyroller
Posted 7/7/2009 2:39 PM (#387497 - in reply to #387293)

James,
Any of those "sandy" ones, I'll just come pick them up and save you the shipping charge, too! You're on the west side of the cities, right? I'm on the east end...

Steve
thescottith
Posted 7/7/2009 4:00 PM (#387514 - in reply to #387497)

Good to hear the News about your daughter.
I will have a large order coming through here soon..Just have to decide on what I exactly want.
I'm also in the cities and would be willing to pick up those sandy ones from ya!