Curly Sue's
wers4455
Posted 5/16/2009 6:01 AM (#378571)
Subject: Curly Sue's

I've been eyeing these things for awhile now. What's the difference between these and dawgs? I noticed that they don't have a "shallow" version in the 5 oz kind. Do they hang longer than dawgs? Any pro's and con's would be helpful. Thanks
esox50
Posted 5/16/2009 7:52 AM (#378581 - in reply to #378571)
Subject: Re: Curly Sue's

More of a hopping action than gliding action on the Bulldawgs. Plastic is MUCH tougher, IMO. There's a place for both baits as their actions are each unique.
curleytail
Posted 5/16/2009 10:19 AM (#378603 - in reply to #378571)

I really only used a Dawg for one day last year, but I would agree that the Sues hop a little more than the dawgs. I gave the Sues a very slight bend upwards and that seems to make them glide just a 'little' more and fish a touch shallower. I bought some of the new and improved Dawgs this winter so I'll have to give them a shot this year.

I would say the Sues will fish a little deeper than the Dawgs with the same retreive. BUT, I've never tried the shallow Sues. I've heard they really hang, and some guys even put weight on the front hook hanger to get them to sink just a touch faster. The Shack Attack products are built like tanks! I would try some out. You'll find an application where they work, that's for sure.

curleytail
Shack Attack
Posted 5/16/2009 5:20 PM (#378662 - in reply to #378571)

I do offer a SHALLOW version of the 9" Curly Sue, this lure has a very slow sink rate and can even be used as a surface lure. a straight retrieve as soon as the lure hits the water and it will saty on the surface with the tail making a noise like a prop bait. i am up-dating my website next week with the SHALLOW curly sue's and the suzy spins.

muskie24/7
Posted 5/16/2009 11:26 PM (#378726 - in reply to #378662)

Awsome baits! You just can't go wrong with them. I think the sucker profile is a big factor with these baits! I love the big 11 inch Curly Sues year round! I'm expecting a few any day now! Can't wait!

Brian