Pewaukee Lake reports
Mikes Extreme
Posted 5/4/2009 10:41 PM (#376093)
Subject: Pewaukee Lake reports

Pewaukee Lake water temps started out in the 49 to 50 degree range on the western half of the lake and 51 to 52 degrees on the eastern half for the Southern Opener. The muskies were very active for most but small low thirty's fish was the average fish caught. A few upper thirty's fish were caught by a handful of people. I didn't hear of any fish that broke the 40 inch mark this whole weekend.

Joel "Tuff Daddy" aka Tuffy1 fished with me Saturday and Sunday morning in the Milwaukee Chapter Muskies Inc Outing against the Quad County Chapter Muskies Inc. A great time was had by all sixty who fished the annual event from 7am till 5pm Saturday and 7am till noon on Sunday. The Milwaukee Chapter regained the traveling trophy back this year with 38.5, 38.5, 36 and 34-inch muskies and the Quad County Chapter didn't get any legals during those hours.

Lots of fish were caught but most were in the 27 to 33-inch range. Joel and I had our chances to score a "legal" a few times but they got off or missed the bait. We ended up with 5 muskies caught, all in the 31.5 to 32-inch range. Joel and I had lots of action despite the BANANA that was found on my dash Sunday night while I was cleaning out the boat. 5 muskies and over 50 follows with a BANANA is just crazy. I can't wait to get out WITHOUT that YELLOW bad luck, bad Carma, bad vibe, bad luck slippery slimy BANANA.

All in all Pewaukee was just about average as far as the weeds and water temps. Mid 50's is where we will be this week and the weeds are just getting going. Some small cabbage beds were visible in all the usual places but none of them looked very good yet. I believe the East half of the lake has more post spawn fish and the West half still has some spawning actions going on. Look for the next two weeks to be on and off until most of the muskies have ate their way out of their post spawn blues. This is a great time to get out and check out all the rocks and structure that the milfoil hides all year long. I found a small rock pile on the West end I never knew was there. I got it waypointed now.

The West end launch is closed Mon, Tues and Wed due to repairs for a few weeks. The Sports Doc has the most parking besides the two Smokey's launches. Please feel free to add info, pictures, coments or questions in this report. Good luck to everyone. See ya on the water!!!

Edited by Mikes Extreme 5/10/2009 9:00 PM
50"skie
Posted 5/5/2009 7:43 AM (#376129 - in reply to #376093)
Subject: Re: Pewaukee Lake reports

Thanks for all that helpful info Mike!!!!
Sam Ubl
Posted 5/5/2009 10:07 AM (#376152 - in reply to #376093)

Mike, has John mentioned anything about selling Smokey's Bait Shop to be constructed into condos? If that happens, I wonder if the launch will close there on the East end. . .
Esox-Hunter
Posted 5/5/2009 1:42 PM (#376208 - in reply to #376152)

Thanks mike! Fished Sat/Mon and moved 2 little ones both days. They won't eat for me!

S.Killips
Mikes Extreme
Posted 5/5/2009 3:47 PM (#376236 - in reply to #376152)

Sam, thats something I would need an hour to give you all the options and plans I have listened to over the last year or more. The condo thing is not going to happen.
Sam Ubl
Posted 5/7/2009 9:33 AM (#376646 - in reply to #376093)
Subject: RE: Pewaukee Lake reports

I was as happy as could be yesterday evening as thunder rolled its way closer and closer. A pair of Tom turkeys were gobbling up a storm after every crack of thunder on the ridge behind Taylors Bay and a Sheaphead was struggling for life with half it's side ripped off. . . You wouldn't have believed it, we were drifting the bay when the thing came up to the surface 15 yards ahead of us - we both noticed it. I said, "There's a hungry musky nearbye and he's not full yet." Needless to say, we didn't move that fish, but man was it cool.

To top it all off, as that front moved East along the North shore, we found an area where some active fish were getting their feedbag on. With the dying bluegills, seemingly dissoriented from getting hit by ski's, my wife and I immitated their eratic behavior and lit up a solid pair of ski's.

I'm proud of my wife, she did really well, and she did it on her brand new rod! First fish on a new rod the first time using it and first time out this season. . . Let me tell you what, she's got a bright future ahead of her this season. . . You should have seen the "wobble knee"!!

She forgot the digital, so we picked up a disposable on the way (she didn't think we'd need it). Pictures to come once developed.

One last thing, I got slammed by a pig of a LM bass on a reef hawg.

Edited by Sam Ubl 5/7/2009 11:40 AM
Sam Ubl
Posted 5/7/2009 9:48 PM (#376780 - in reply to #376093)

Lousy out there tonight. Moved one cookie-cutter and left early for a buffalo burger at the Sports Dock. . .
zak olson
Posted 5/7/2009 10:27 PM (#376792 - in reply to #376780)

Things beginning to pick up a bit out there after a slow couple days, got out today with my girlfriend about 5 casts in she missed one, two casts later I hear "omg zo!" look over and theres a 35.5 her 3rd musky ever 2nd casting in 3 outings.

First two pics is a 36.5" her first casting ever on opener and my 32". Last pics is the 35.5" from today and my brother getting a nice shot off the pier.

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(2009Fishing016.jpg)

(2009Fishing021.jpg)

(IMG_0281.jpg)

(IMG_1225.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 2009Fishing016.jpg (137KB - 272 downloads)
Attachments 2009Fishing021.jpg (136KB - 223 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0281.jpg (188KB - 265 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1225.jpg (128KB - 1796 downloads)
zak olson
Posted 5/7/2009 10:30 PM (#376794 - in reply to #376792)

cant figure out how to post pictures..
fish4musky1
Posted 5/8/2009 1:43 AM (#376815 - in reply to #376093)

very awesome, maybe my gf will be lucky enough to catch a muskie when we go to pewaukee in june.
what kind of rod/reel is good for women who are inexperienced casters and fisherman ??? any tips for fishing with girlfirends who may not be as interested in fishing as i am haha??
bassinbob84
Posted 5/8/2009 6:53 AM (#376825 - in reply to #376093)

See if you can find an abu anti backlash. That's what I got for my gf. It saves me from picking out so many birds nests. I don't think they are made anymore though. I would sell you mine but it would just mean more headaches for me. As for what to do if she doesn't like fishing as much bring along an ultra light. I give my gf an ultralight with a mister twister on a jig head when she gets bored. That way she can catch little sunnies and perch to pass the time. She has caught her only 2 skis on that ul a 24" last fall and a 16" this spring while crappie fishing.
tuffy1
Posted 5/8/2009 6:59 AM (#376826 - in reply to #376825)

Way to go Zak, keep sticking those fish. I wonder which bait she got it on??

(I'm the guy that was fishing with Koepp on Saturday and Sunday).

As for rods for the girlfriends, just let them use what you use. Show them how to use it, and they'll figure it out. My wife has been throwing a baitcaster since she was a girl. She'll chuck baits with the best of them.
Slamr
Posted 5/8/2009 9:06 AM (#376846 - in reply to #376794)

zak olson - 5/7/2009 10:30 PM

cant figure out how to post pictures..

You need to be a registered member and logged in at the time.
Sam Ubl
Posted 5/8/2009 10:14 AM (#376852 - in reply to #376093)

Zak, you Dave Olson's son? I guess it's more of a "I just realized" than a question. . . Looked like his rig. I've talked to you a couple of times on the water just passing by. Congrats to you and yours!! I almost like watching my wife catch musky more than myself.

BTW, your bro's camera has one hell of a zoom!!

Edited by Sam Ubl 5/8/2009 10:16 AM
zak olson
Posted 5/8/2009 12:08 PM (#376883 - in reply to #376852)

hey Joel I remember you fishing with Mike, I've seen you on the forums before and recognized you. I think you know what bait those fish came on...that thing has been hammered, I need a couple more of them lol.

My dads a professional photographer, it's his camera and yes the zoom on that thing is incredible. My brother got about 10 different shots are REALLY cool.

As far as what kind of rod/reel for the g/f, I gave her all of our rods to try, she picked one and I guess that was that. Definitely go with lighter lures and rods.

Heading out tonight around 330ish with my gf again, see you guys out there.
Sam Ubl
Posted 5/8/2009 1:28 PM (#376903 - in reply to #376093)

I'm dying to get out this eve. . . Guess we're going to grill instead - maybe. I'll work a little magic when I get home from work in an hour (started early boys, not that lucky). Zak, I see you out all the time, I'll say hello.
zak olson
Posted 5/8/2009 2:03 PM (#376913 - in reply to #376903)

what kind of boat you fishing in?
Sam Ubl
Posted 5/8/2009 2:10 PM (#376916 - in reply to #376093)

17.5 Alumacraft TS / 75 Merc

Beaver
Posted 5/8/2009 8:11 PM (#376953 - in reply to #376916)

Was out there today breaking in my new motor and slinging some lures. Didn't see any fish boated, but there were plenty of boats out there for a Friday. Everyone seemed to be fishing withing a half mile of Smokies, concentrating on shallow rocks. After an hour of twitching Grandmas, I ventured deeper and pulled a Talonz small panfish lure and tried the deeper rocks with no success. My back only lasted about 90 minutes, so I drove around breaking in the motor. When I felt better I went to the shallow docks and boated 3 smallies, 2-18", 1-20" and a half dozen largemouth about 2 pounds a piece. Water temps were from 60-62 degrees, but the fish that I caught definitely were colder than 60 degrees. When fishing the docks, I contacted 3 small skis that were cruising in less than 5 feet of water. I think that some warm nights and sunny days will kick all of the fish in the lake in the butt. Eventually they have to go on a feeding binge, and I hope that I'm there when it happens.
Beav
Sam Ubl
Posted 5/8/2009 8:58 PM (#376959 - in reply to #376093)

One 37 on a Suick tonight by my buddy Ryan. . . ON THE FIGURE EIGHT - 3rd Turn!! Not huge but pretty cool!
zak olson
Posted 5/9/2009 8:54 AM (#377004 - in reply to #376959)

I saw you catch that thing, I was guessing about 36 so I wasn't off to much, nice fish though. My brother and I were out for 4 hours, he lost 2 real nice fish, 1 heartbreaker and seen 4 others
Beaver
Posted 5/9/2009 11:06 AM (#377018 - in reply to #377004)

ZakO, nothing against Lambo, but thank-you for posting a picture that deserves to be on the cover. I think if more girlfriends/wives etc. took the time to share our love of the outdoors, fewer of us would get grief about spending so much time fishing, hunting...whatever. It's too late for me, so all of you young bucks take note. Instead of crusing the bars for chicks, start hanging out at baitshops and outdoor shows, or invite your significant other to join you. If it's like pulling teeth, it might be time for some catch and release
Beav
jasonvkop
Posted 5/9/2009 12:34 PM (#377024 - in reply to #377018)

Beaver - 5/9/2009 12:06 PM
If it's like pulling teeth, it might be time for some catch and release
Beav

Hahahaha thats great.
Sam Ubl
Posted 5/9/2009 10:32 PM (#377090 - in reply to #376093)

My wife this chilly evening with her prize. Way to go hun!

(Christies-May-2009-Musky.jpg)

(Christie Pewaukee Ski.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Christies-May-2009-Musky.jpg (85KB - 238 downloads)
Attachments Christie Pewaukee Ski.jpg (170KB - 201 downloads)
Mikes Extreme
Posted 5/10/2009 8:56 PM (#377221 - in reply to #377090)

Great pics Z. Did Shawn take the pics from the pier? Very cool shots.

I fished the Pewaukee Classic with my kids on Saturday. Not a very good morning to start the day as far as weather but the fishing was outstanding from 7am till 9am. After that the rain was gone and it started to get nice out.

Glide baits and minnow baits were the ticket. I scored 4 muskies in that first two hours and another one at 2pm. The bass and pike are also starting to get very active. Six bass and a pike got a free ride to my boat after crushing my offering.

70 entrants fished the 25th Annual Pewaukee Classic and 7 fish were caught that measured over 30-inches. Very low numbers due to the twenty degree temp drop overnight and a cold front. The biggest fish was a 36.5-inch fish that came during that two hour window(2nd place). Another one that size also was caught later in the day(3rd place). The tie breaker went to the first fish caught so the second 36.5 got 3rd place. I ended up with 5 muskies - 4 over 30-inches. Good enough to lock up 1st place. Great day on the water with my kids.

My daughter caught a 39.5 last year to take 2nd place so she knows the ups and down in tournaments. She never had a follow even though she used her hot lure most of the day. My boy had his chances but didn't get one in the boat Saturday.

Great pics Z-man and Sam.

Sam, did she get it off that big rock just west of where you took that picture? I had multiple fish follow from that rock this year already. Great spring spot.
zak olson
Posted 5/11/2009 7:13 AM (#377279 - in reply to #377221)

yeah mike shawn took those, he was suppose to tag alone but we didn't want to wait 15 minutes for him lol. He got pictures starting from me netting it all the way till shes releasing him, awesome pictures. Congrats on first place, I tried in the morning with no luck, had prom in the afternoon so I was busy.
50"skie
Posted 5/11/2009 8:01 AM (#377290 - in reply to #376093)

Was it just me, or was it a ruff day out there on Sunday. I only had 3 lazy follows.

At least my mom let me go for a little bit, we had mothers day when I got back. haha
Sam Ubl
Posted 5/11/2009 8:25 AM (#377297 - in reply to #376093)

Mike-

That's actually the third off that rock this spring. A 39, her 37.5, and a 37 all on different baits. Suick, Reef Hawg and Bucktail.

Way to go on the Classic! Man it was a chilly one that day.
50"skie
Posted 5/11/2009 11:38 AM (#377348 - in reply to #376093)

Sam, I looked at your picture closer. I raised 2 of my 3 skis on that same spot Sunday. Mike is right, that is a great spring spot. They were both in the mid to high 30s.
Sam Ubl
Posted 5/12/2009 9:51 PM (#377751 - in reply to #376093)

Third cast my buddy nails a 40". I caught 4 bass in the next couple hours and Ryan raises another 40-ish fish. . . a dozen revolutions of the eight before dissapearing. I've had a rough two trips.
Sam Ubl
Posted 5/15/2009 10:29 AM (#378400 - in reply to #376093)

Things have been odd in it's simplest form. Dealing with post-frontal conditions on and off, as well as this transition period between what worked for the opening fish to what becomes the mainstay in summer. It's anyones game out there this weekend, no matter the time spent on the water. A friend of mine put into perspective last night that the guys who haven't touched this water have some of the best chances going in as they will be starting from scratch with nothing eliminated. Those of us who have pounded the lake are already canceling some options out and in a frenzy to find the next round trip ticket on sale.
Mikes Extreme
Posted 5/15/2009 4:23 PM (#378487 - in reply to #378400)

Sam, don't over think it. It's just the usual post spawn blues. This usually happens in mid May every year. Things will get rocking in a week. First few days of the next warm up will get the fish going. WMT will be interesting tomorrow.

A 51 inch muskies was caught and kept by a kid off his pier 5/12/09 at 10pm using a jig and a chunk of crawler fishing for walleyes. The big fish are in there but they are layin low now.

The bass are going nuts now. Lots of action if your looking for some fun. Smallmouth are pulling up shallow and the largemouth are staging in the weeds just outside of the spawning areas. I had clients out last night and the bass were hitting muskie baits. Crazy fish.
Sam Ubl
Posted 5/17/2009 9:57 PM (#378885 - in reply to #376093)

Sorry to say those Sat. high winds screwed me something fierce at one point when my favorite Long Tale got stuck to a bouy after a big gust during my cast bowed my line and swung the front of the boat so fast I lost track of my lure as I tried to compensate with boat control. Needless to say, it was impossible for me or my partner to keep the boat steady in that little wind tunnel I lost it and I had to cut the line and get back to fishing My unle who lives on the lake rowed over, lifted the darn thing out of the water and it was gone. That sucker was buried in the plastic of the bouy. . . Well, another one bites the dust, right?
Sam Ubl
Posted 5/17/2009 9:59 PM (#378886 - in reply to #376093)

Sorry to say those Sat. high winds screwed me something fierce at one point when my favorite Long Tale got stuck to a bouy after a big gust during my cast bowed my line and swung the front of the boat so fast I lost track of my lure as I tried to compensate with boat control. Needless to say, it was impossible for me or my partner to keep the boat steady in that little wind tunnel I lost it and I had to cut the line and get back to fishing My unle who lives on the lake rowed over, lifted the darn thing out of the water and it was gone. That sucker was buried in the plastic of the bouy. . . Well, another one bites the dust, right?
Sam Ubl
Posted 5/18/2009 10:24 PM (#379108 - in reply to #376093)

Three fish up today. . . 2 mid-thirties and one nice one. I think these fish are either skeptics after Saturday or just weren't hungry. Two low and slow and the third flashed off after making eye contact with me.
Sam Ubl
Posted 5/19/2009 8:41 AM (#379160 - in reply to #376093)

The fish are rockin.

Edited by Sam Ubl 7/10/2009 12:36 PM
Sam Ubl
Posted 5/19/2009 8:45 AM (#379162 - in reply to #376093)

I thought I'd share my wife's 34 with you. Her first fish with a slammer and she has that excitement we all know about, no matter the size. A musky is a musky and I told her, if you ever lose that edge, you'll have to quit fishing.

(Big Kahuna.jpg)

(R1-22A.jpg)

(R1-21A.jpg)

(R1-20A.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Big Kahuna.jpg (192KB - 109 downloads)
Attachments R1-22A.jpg (86KB - 110 downloads)
Attachments R1-21A.jpg (110KB - 122 downloads)
Attachments R1-20A.jpg (114KB - 103 downloads)
Beaver
Posted 5/20/2009 5:13 PM (#379583 - in reply to #376093)

I'll report...windy, windy, windy followed by windy. I don't mind some wind, in fact I like it, but 20-30 for 4 days in a row is nuts! Time to get out the drift socks.
Sam Ubl
Posted 5/21/2009 9:38 AM (#379726 - in reply to #376093)

Mike, I'm not sure how I overlooked your last post but I did. . . Wow, 51 inches!! Too bad it was kept. How many of that size do you suppose are kept out of Pewaukee each year? I know of about a half-dozen from last year.
Beaver
Posted 5/21/2009 1:19 PM (#379787 - in reply to #379726)

It's Groundhog Day!!!!!
Freakin' whitecaps everywhere and nowhere to hide, at least nowhere productive.
Yes, the wind does blow.
f4m1
Posted 6/7/2009 9:54 AM (#382587 - in reply to #376093)

hows everyone been doing out there. heading up in a few days and hoping the actions good!!
Beaver
Posted 6/7/2009 12:12 PM (#382598 - in reply to #382587)

I was out Thursday, and the water temps were 61-63 degrees, just like 2 weeks ago. Lots of smallish fish showing themselves until it got bright and still. They chased everything. Topwaters, gliders, twitchbaits and 6" Suzy Suckers. Most fish came fast and then turned away when they got 10-15' from the boat and none of them came back or stayed around for an 8.
Weed cutters were out. Why? There aren't enough weeds to cut. The weeds were getting to the point where you could see the edges and fish them, now there are just a lot of floaters. That ticks me off, but will have to deal with it from now until fall.
Broke in my motor for a while looking for fish, but only saw a few scattered hooks.
Mikes Extreme
Posted 6/8/2009 5:05 PM (#382794 - in reply to #382598)

Fishing has been good to great this past two weeks. Lots of follows and only a fish or two eating. Bass have been everywhere hitting anyting lately. I got a 5lb plus largemouth on a 9-inch weighted Suick on Friday and a 36-inch ski that night. I moved some real hawgs but they were just lookers. Saturday I got out in the morning and it was outstanding. Two muskies caught and raised 9 from 6:30 to 9:30am. Three hours of great action then it slowed. I should have started at first light.

Weeds are up high in some spots and very low in most. I don't mind them cutting the weeds BUT I hate when they cut and let the wind blow them before they pick them up on the conveyor. Thats just poor planning. I see that all the time. The weed cutters are very good machines, the operators are weak at best. College kids and bad planning is the problem. You can't cut weeds in the wind unless its coming straight at you. Ohterwise the wind blows them off the conveyor before they can be picked up.

Most baits are working now because we are in the mid 60's this week. Top water, minnow baits, buck tails, suicks and crank baits have all caught fish this past two weeks. Suckers are still catching fish from what I have heard. I choose to not use them this year due to the price and the new rules about keeping them alive. No suckers for me.

Best tip I can give everyone is to look for the best weeds and have fun. The weeds are full of fish. Bad year for weeds = easy to find muskies.
crow hunter
Posted 6/9/2009 2:54 AM (#382877 - in reply to #376093)

Thanks for the report Mike.
I'll see you on the water.
Good luck to all ya!!
Sam Ubl
Posted 6/9/2009 9:17 AM (#382904 - in reply to #376093)

Mike, I'll look for you Thursday . . . Finally getting out on local water that evening.

A few close buds have been hitting it pretty hard over this last weekend with a lot of great action. Lots of visuals and opportunities have put a few in their boat.

fish4musky1
Posted 6/9/2009 10:35 PM (#383051 - in reply to #376093)

ill be out thursday, friday and possibly wed. in a smokeys rental!!! looking for the good weeds and casting some lures should be fun!
justin stickles
Posted 6/11/2009 10:49 PM (#383443 - in reply to #383051)

ill be out there on staurday hope to see some of you out there!
Muskiehead
Posted 6/13/2009 9:46 AM (#383612 - in reply to #376093)

Out on Friday all day. Great day for Musky watching but only got hooks in one 36. Stepdad brought up a 46-48. It was a tank. She was hot to trot but he paused when he should have twitched. Better luck next time.
fish4musky1
Posted 6/13/2009 3:10 PM (#383630 - in reply to #383612)

fished 6-10 and 6-11. had over a dozen follows and two muskys hit on the figure 8 only to come free
action was from the rockbar by smokeys, taylors bay, and the west end weeds. good couple days and it was good to get out even though couldnt get any in the net.
Sam Ubl
Posted 6/24/2009 9:04 AM (#385327 - in reply to #376093)

Went out with my wife for a little play time on the water - swimming, lounging, etc. to soak up the sun. Of course I brought the rods along, but didn't cast a line until nearly 8:00 PM. With all the pleasure boaters, Pewaukee was more than a zoo, it felt like an airplane evacuation with countless near misses. I heard a dog barking and it kept getting closer as Christie and I cruised along at trolling speed in the middle of the lake. Wondering where the sound was coming from, I turned to look as a big pontoon with 6/7 people and a poodle came cruising past at 25 MPH within 20 feet of us!! While fishing around sunset, when things seemed to start to settle down, I had no more then 10 casts in before a watched a Master Craft ski boat (blue/white) come ripping past me, pulling an embarrassed skier, at no less than 38MPH within two boat lengths of me, followed by me with my arms up and the two ladies in the boat flicking me off laughing! They were also infringing on the NO WAKE side of the bouy's.. The launch was a mess, with those who have never used one before or didn't know what to do with so many people. Lack of common sense was so heavy in the air I felt sick to my stomach as I dealt. Horrible day on the water, put me a horrible mood and I felt bad for Christie to have had to be stuck with my hot head after all the dismay. Needless to say, that 10th cast was my last, no interest left after that.

I have all next week off, Cooper Industries is closed for that week, so I'll be out every day if I can.
Weekdays/early mornings = Happy Sam

Edited by Sam Ubl 6/24/2009 9:06 AM
PSYS
Posted 6/25/2009 12:12 PM (#385590 - in reply to #376093)

How is the topwater bite on Pewaukee? I've yet to get out to this lake but I just recently downloaded a map.

I plan on getting out there the 2nd week of July or so...
Sam Ubl
Posted 6/25/2009 12:44 PM (#385608 - in reply to #376093)

Some good numbers are coming on TW, but remember what was good yesterday may not hold true today.

Edited by Sam Ubl 6/25/2009 12:46 PM
WIsheds
Posted 6/26/2009 10:54 AM (#385820 - in reply to #376093)

Fished Pewaukee for my first time on Sunday. Threw everything but the kitchen sink at them and didn't see a fish. Tried to keep the boat in deeper water and casted the breaks. Any suggestions for next time?
Sam Ubl
Posted 6/26/2009 12:04 PM (#385834 - in reply to #376093)

There are a lot of fish sitting on the 8 to 14' flats right now. There's huge pods of 1 to 2 inch baitfish all over the place. Just driving slowly with the sun shining you can see clouds of them.

I'm heading out in 4 hours after work, I'll let you know what's up tomorrow. Good fishing!

Edited by Sam Ubl 6/26/2009 12:05 PM
PSYS
Posted 6/26/2009 12:43 PM (#385837 - in reply to #385820)

WIsheds - 6/26/2009 10:54 AM

Fished Pewaukee for my first time on Sunday. Threw everything but the kitchen sink at them and didn't see a fish. Tried to keep the boat in deeper water and casted the breaks. Any suggestions for next time?

That's disappointed to hear.
But alas, that sounds like musky fishing.

I'm going out to Pewaukee for the first time in a week or two.
I do have a topographic map of the lake and I'm thinking I'll probably just work the standard shorelines, weed edges and/or any docks I may see.

There's supposed to be a decent rock structure on the east end of the lake where it gets shallower. Perhaps someone else who has fished the lake before can chime in.
Sam Ubl
Posted 6/26/2009 1:04 PM (#385839 - in reply to #376093)

Scott, the reef is about 20 yards wide and 100 yards long - marked by several bouys. This is always worthwhile place to check, but it is nothing shy of a community spot. There are days when it gets pounded out, and others where I don't see a single musky fisherman on it (at least when I'm over there). There are good weeds on the south edge of it and more of a steady depth decline with gravel, rocks and boulders on the north side of it.

Your best off hitting deeper weed edges that crest a steep break and/or fishing blindly over the shallow flats in the narrows or on the West end. There are also all kinds of channels cut out on the East end from the weed cutters. If your in there at the right time, those bass guys get some exciting surprises drop shotting into those pockets.
Sam Ubl
Posted 6/27/2009 12:00 AM (#385896 - in reply to #376093)

Well, I hate pleasure boaters. . . Can't deny that. Still good to be out. Christie caught a 32" pike right away, and I ended up with a 40" on the eight - Nothing better than getting them to eat at your feet! She was wild. Anyways, I was on my own at this point so I had to take the pics myself, then some kind fisherman passing me by on my drift stopped to look and took some pics. She's nothing huge, but glad to get another as always!

(ChristiesPewaukeePike.jpg)

(Samski.jpg)

(samsski.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments ChristiesPewaukeePike.jpg (41KB - 111 downloads)
Attachments Samski.jpg (55KB - 96 downloads)
Attachments samsski.jpg (64KB - 118 downloads)
PSYS
Posted 6/27/2009 8:01 AM (#385905 - in reply to #376093)

Sam - great fish! And thanks a lot for the info in your previous post. I've never been on the lake before so I think I'll probably be throwing blindly when I get out there. Hopefully, I get the hang of it and if I can get a fish on my line... all the better. Thanks again...

Have a great weekend!
Sam Ubl
Posted 6/30/2009 11:43 AM (#386427 - in reply to #376093)

Weird weather last night, but the bite was great! Here's 45.5" I caught with a best friend last night. One of the most knee-wobbling strikes I've had in a long time. She had a transmitter tag in her dorsal from Dr. Andersons musky study back in 1999 - pretty neat!

(45-half-pewee-fish.jpg)

(kneeling.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 45-half-pewee-fish.jpg (193KB - 98 downloads)
Attachments kneeling.jpg (176KB - 103 downloads)
Sam Ubl
Posted 7/1/2009 2:15 AM (#386576 - in reply to #376093)

Doubled up tonight with a 37 ane 32 casting. Pics tomorrow.
PSYS
Posted 7/1/2009 6:17 AM (#386578 - in reply to #376093)

Copngrats on all the bites! Nice fish!!
Sam Ubl
Posted 7/1/2009 2:09 PM (#386649 - in reply to #376093)

Pewaukee has been good to me and mine this season. Here are the two from last night. The 37 ate at my feet on the second turn of the big oval. She came out of a windblown weed edge where the wind was pounding in for two long days and nights. The shorty struck short at the end of the cast, only to attack a second time ten feet from the boat with an explosive strike. Great night to be out with another great friend. This lake has made some great memories for me and mine. Ran into Mike Koepp with a fish and took some pictures of him and Sandy holding up there catch. Mike, I'll email these to you.

Edited by Sam Ubl 7/1/2009 2:14 PM

(kneeling-37.jpg)

(broadside-koepp-sandyski.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments kneeling-37.jpg (192KB - 180 downloads)
Attachments broadside-koepp-sandyski.jpg (176KB - 159 downloads)
PSYS
Posted 7/5/2009 2:46 PM (#387163 - in reply to #376093)

OK.

I've never been to Pewaukee. Never been on the lake. Heck, never even been down to that area of the state before. A buddy of mine is letting me use his trailer and 16' aluminum boat. He mostly pan fishes and does NOT have a trolling motor. But I'm hell bent on getting out on the water tomorrow and more specifically, Pewaukee Lake.

I'm sort of flying by the seat of my pants here... since I'm new to the sport of musky fishing, in general. If I launch on the east end of the lake... am I okay to simply drop anchor every so often and just fan cast the entire area... work shorelines, weed edges, docks, etc, etc? Is the east end of the lake producing at all? Not really looking for GPS coordinates... but it'd be cool to hook into something if I'm driving 80 miles for the day.
Mikes Extreme
Posted 7/5/2009 2:59 PM (#387167 - in reply to #387163)

Scott,

I would be happy to help you out. It's almost 3pm and I have a guide job at 4PM. I see you are fishing now from what I see on your post. Hope you stopped in at Smokey's Muskie Shop for a map and where to go. I share a lot of info with everyone at the shop. They can help you out anytime there.

Anyone looking to get out on Pewaukee should not feel bad asking for some spots and hot baits. We all practice catch and release so a few tip and some good info is always there for those who need a starting point. I for one am happy to help others get on some fish. Little late now for you Scott. I hope you have some good action.

The bite has been great. 25 muskies since Monday have came into my Frabil. Lost count of how many we raised, missed, or lost this past six days. Biggest was a 45-inch but lots of 40-inch class fish seen and caught.
PSYS
Posted 7/5/2009 3:08 PM (#387169 - in reply to #376093)

Mike:

Thanks for the reply! I'm heading out tomorrow with my girlfriend. I'll definitely stop in at Smokie's and see what they have to say. I've read too many good things about this lake to NOT try it out tomorrow... I took a last minute vacation day tomorrow. My girlfriend and I haven't had a day off together in a little while so we're going musky fishing. I'm a huge advocate of catch & release and simply want to get on a fish or two. My girlfriend hasn't even seen a musky in person so I'm just looking for a relaxing day out on the water with her tomorrow.

No pressure. No stress. Just dropping the anchor every so often and casting at our leisure in order to hook into a toothy critter or two.

Thanks again for the reply!
MUSKYLUND1
Posted 7/6/2009 4:07 PM (#387340 - in reply to #376093)

I hit Pewaukee today on my day off. Tried all my normal spots with bucktails, DCG, Suicks, gliders, but saw nothing. It started to get a bit windy so I before I packed it in I decided to head back toward the launch and drift the north shore a bit starting just west of the condos. As a last desperation move I put on my new favorite bait the Lindy Tiger Tube. On about the tenth cast or so I pop a 31". After a quick CPR I reposition the boat on the same weedline and about a dozen casts later I pop a 34" on the same bait. After another CPR I continue on down the weed edge and have one more follow on the Tiger Tube before packing it in about 1:00.

My fish were tight to the weedeline. I was casting just up to the weededge and working the bait out like a jerkbait.

Tom

(31 Pewaukee_July 6 2009.jpg)

(34 Pewaukee_July 6 2009.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 31 Pewaukee_July 6 2009.jpg (60KB - 120 downloads)
Attachments 34 Pewaukee_July 6 2009.jpg (58KB - 140 downloads)
PSYS
Posted 7/7/2009 6:57 AM (#387423 - in reply to #376093)

I went out yesterday on Pewaukee for the first time with my girlfriend. Very humbling experience, indeed. A friend of mine let me borrow his boat for the day and it isn't exactly set-up for musky fishing. He mostly fishes for panfish so I had a small outboard motor and an anchor and that was about it. No trolling motor.

My girlfriend and I were on the water by 6 a.m. and launched on the east side of the lake. I started casting by some docks on that side of the lake and immediately had a blow up on a top water lure I was using... but the fish either striked too slow or too short... and either way, it missed the bait. Pretty exciting, nonetheless.

I basically worked my way around the entire perimeter of the lake (no depthfinder on board either) and aside from that one blow-up on the topwater earlier that morning... we didn't even see another fish. I basically threw everything but the kitchen sink at 'em. Topwater, bucktails, spinnerbaits, DCG's, Showgirls... but never even so much as had a follow.

Either way, it was a nice day to be on the water but we were off around 12:30 p.m. or so. As Tom mentioned previously, the wind began to pick-up a bit. I would definitely go back to Pewaukee again now that I've been there... and it really wasn't too bad of a drive from Oshkosh. We were at the launch in about 70... 75 min. I'd say.
WIsheds
Posted 7/12/2009 9:43 PM (#388266 - in reply to #376093)

Raised 7 this afternoon. Couldnt get any of em to eat. Almost caught a wakeboarder that was a little too close.
Zak olson
Posted 7/12/2009 10:17 PM (#388273 - in reply to #388266)

Caught a 32" and lost 2 others and my gf got her first figure 8 fish a 39"...gashed her finger pretty bad,but she's proud of her battle wound. This past week her n I got 8 skis up to 44" which Erica caught...her pb. My dad got a 48" couple weeks ago and my brother has 7 this year as well. We are rolling in a 619 maroon ranger, I see Sam ubl out there alot, so drop a hello. I will post some pics later
WIsheds
Posted 7/13/2009 7:35 AM (#388307 - in reply to #376093)

zak. i was in the alumacraft to your west when your gf caught that fish. Looked like a nice healthy fish. Congrats.
Zak Olson
Posted 7/13/2009 11:29 AM (#388353 - in reply to #388307)

Yeah I seen you...I was trying to get her to grab the fish from the net because everytime she catches one she'll say "next fish im grabbing myself", but yet again she bailed out lol, it's ok...one day she will. Once I gave the fish to her she posed for the camera and right when she was going to release it started flipping out, she held on like a trooper, but in the process of that going out she got gashed pretty good. I always insist on her wearing a glove....she doesnt like the look of it though. Well I'm at work today when she tells me that she went to the doctors, the doctor said she needed stitches, but because it was an animal she couldnt get them (which don't make sense to me but w/e). She can't fish for 5 days and has some meds for the pain :(, it was kind of a bittersweet situation. She is stoked though it was her first figure 8 fish, went airborne 3 times.

I'd have to say im one proud boyfriend, she has come a loooong way from last year. It's been a full year since she started, she got 1 last year and has 7 this year already all on pewaukee.
WIsheds
Posted 7/13/2009 5:12 PM (#388434 - in reply to #376093)

I was wondering why she stopped throwing after she caught that fish but that makes sense now. Hopefully she heals up fast. I raised several fish right in that area where she hooked up so I wonder if that waas one of them.
zak olson
Posted 7/13/2009 8:24 PM (#388466 - in reply to #388434)

yeah I got 2 37s on friday back to back casts.....My brother got 2 in that same spot, it sure does get pounded, but the right time you can get one to go. She tried fishing today, but was a bit harder. She's resting for our AML trip in 12 days, cya out there.
Sam Ubl
Posted 7/16/2009 8:15 AM (#388916 - in reply to #376093)

Yesterday was a day I won't soon forget! 4 fish in the boat in just over 3 hours, lost three BIG fish, missed three short strikes, one on topwater from a serious beast of a fish. Over a dozen follows between me and my partner. His first and second musky casting, as well as one of those being first figure 8 fish. So we both doubled up, making the evening worth celebrating. It was HOT!

Edited by Sam Ubl 7/16/2009 8:16 AM
WIsheds
Posted 7/17/2009 7:22 AM (#389126 - in reply to #376093)

Good night to be pout last night. Boated a 41, lost two more due to a hack net job, and saw seven others. The 41 hit a mag dawg on the figure 8. Came out of nowhere and t boned it. Probably my coolest strike. Seen most of the fish on bucktails. Ill try and get a pic up soon.
Sam Ubl
Posted 7/17/2009 9:36 AM (#389144 - in reply to #376093)

Buddies doubled up last night with one fish lost mid-way back to the boat. Still fishing weeds and throwing blades.
Zak Olson
Posted 7/17/2009 12:34 PM (#389192 - in reply to #389144)

rough night for me, should have boated my biggest fish in wisconsin but lost it...that'll hurt for awhile. Going back out tonight hopefully to get the skunk out of the boat.
muskyhunter24
Posted 7/18/2009 9:16 PM (#389352 - in reply to #376093)

Jay and I went out to Pewaukee today, it was the first time we had ever fished the lake. We were out from 6:30 am to 7 pm, raised 2 fish total. I caught this 41.5" which was the only fish I raised all day. She happened to be the first muskie that I had ever caught on a bucktail, first muskie I had caught out of a boat, and first muskie I have had eat in the "8". She inhaled it on the second turn and was caught right around sun over head.

(1st bucktail muskie.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 1st bucktail muskie.jpg (90KB - 139 downloads)
bigbite
Posted 7/19/2009 9:58 AM (#389391 - in reply to #389352)

Way to go Jeff. Nice fish!!
PSYS
Posted 7/20/2009 6:37 AM (#389500 - in reply to #376093)

Nice lookin' Pewaukee musky!
Zak Olson
Posted 7/20/2009 12:41 PM (#389562 - in reply to #389500)

I fished pewaukee friday got a 43" and my brother got a 33.5", seen 9 others including one real hawg we raised 4 different times. My buddy I took out that never caught a musky, seen a couple real nice fish and lost one at boatside so he was pretty pumped. Went out saturday with just me fishing, girlfriend had net duties since she's still not fishing. Ending up getting 4 on saturday 30, 32.5, 34, and a 43, also lost 1 more fish early in the morning when I was by myself. All the fish still coming on blades and topwater. Pretty good weekend for the crappy weather we had. Didn't find a real pattern though, fish are really scattered all over, weedlines, flats and off the weedlines suspending. Still seeing bluegills off my pier so as long as they are there, I'm casting. Good weekend overall, 6 more days till AML. Ran into sam ubl on friday, he was slaughtering them also in 30 minutes he had two, took a picture of his 2nd one.
greg m
Posted 7/20/2009 1:21 PM (#389566 - in reply to #376093)

Pewaukee's been tough on me this year...had my share of follows but not much to show for it. I was taking my son-in-law out Friday night for his second-time-ever muskie fishing and wanted to do everything I could to show him some action. I talked to Mike Koepp who gave me some great info which was spot on!! We had a great time and fish in the boat! Mike is one great guy who is clearly dialed into the lake and the fish. Thanx again, Bro. Gonna hafta sell some lures so I can raise the cash to hire Captain Mike...I know it'll be worth it!
Sam Ubl
Posted 7/21/2009 8:35 AM (#389675 - in reply to #376093)

Accepted an invitation to hop on board Steve Van Lieshouts boat with my wife and had a hell of a time. Steve hosted us like we were guests in his house, giving up the front of his boat, clipping one of his hottest baits onto Christies rod and keeping the night alive with great stories and plenty of laughter. Catching a fish was just icing on the cake as we could have gone all night without the action we had and thought nothing of it. It sure was a pretty night with the sun setting the way it did. Christie had a high 30's flash off before she had a fair chance at it, Steve had a few decent fish up to the boat, including one or two in the low 40ish range. I had one cookie cutter come in hot that I pulled the bait away from and another, about 34ish, come in so aggressively it hit on my first turn, missed it, and on the second revolution, smacked it again. Hooked up for a couple of seconds before she came un-glued and off she went. The next cast would put a good fish in the net and high fives were had. I hope the floating veg floats ashore soon, in some places it's just so hard to deal with. These cool nights, although awkward for July, makes for less bites and as Steve pointed out, safer releases for these fish with the cooler surface temps than the usual 80+ temps for this time of year.

Thanks again Steve for a memorable day on the water, you're a stand up guy like I've heard from so many.
Esox-Hunter
Posted 7/21/2009 12:11 PM (#389713 - in reply to #389675)

My girlfriend and I along with a good buddy were out on Sunday and ended up boating a nice 34". Goodtime slowed down after we boated this fish.

S.Kiliips
Mikes Extreme
Posted 7/21/2009 6:17 PM (#389789 - in reply to #389566)

Glad to help some Greg. Very nice to see you score. I have been very busy on the water every night after my day job. I have to say this is by far the longest casting bite I have ever seen. Usually the trolling bite is rocking by this time and casting is just early morning and evenings well into the night.

The cool water temperatures has kept the bigger fish working the weeds way longer this season. This make for some extended casting action which I love. My problem is a lot of my regulars have booked trolling trips with kids, dads, granpa's, girl friends, wifes, etc. This means I can't just hand them rods with DC9's and DCG's. I have to trolling and produce with all the floating weeds all over the lake. YUCK, my soar arms, clean those rods and boards guide man. LOL

It's not that bad but most of the time I am watching people I know tear up the weedlines as I troll outside of them. I wish I could troll the weed edges but with all the reports on lake-link and other sites the lake is more packed with fishermen than I ever seen before. Every spot is getting pounded but fish are still being caught.

Lot's of fish being caught trolling also but not the numbers out there as usual for this time of the season. More fish still in the weeds because the pan fish are still in also. Some bait out deep but not the migration July usually has. Less fish deep makes it hard to score multiple fish trolling. I still have over a two fish average trolling but it's been extra hard to score out there. Casting has been a blast this month. I will post a few pictures for you to see some Pewaukee fish from this first half of July.

Check out my website for a more detailed report. http://mikekoepp.com

(7-2-09john38_2x1.jpg)

(7-2-09mike39_2x1.jpg)

(7-2-09jonny45_2x1.jpg)

(7-3-09adam40_2x1.jpg)

(7-5-09mikie36_2x1.jpg)

(7-5-09mikie37_2x1.jpg)

(7-7-09jtdad2x1.jpg)

(7-8-09jt2x1.jpg)

(7-7-09travis2x1.jpg)

(7-9-09budz2x1.jpg)

(7-3-09mike34_2x1.jpg)

(7-3-09adam32_2x1.jpg)

(7-8-09jt2x1.jpg)

(7-12-09fat37_2x1.jpg)

(7-14-09lungen44_2x1.jpg)

(7-16-09grandpa_son37_2x1.jpg)

(7-16-09threegenerations42_2x1.jpg)

(pewaukeerocks2x1.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 7-2-09john38_2x1.jpg (40KB - 125 downloads)
Attachments 7-2-09mike39_2x1.jpg (42KB - 118 downloads)
Attachments 7-2-09jonny45_2x1.jpg (39KB - 121 downloads)
Attachments 7-3-09adam40_2x1.jpg (35KB - 108 downloads)
Attachments 7-5-09mikie36_2x1.jpg (43KB - 120 downloads)
Attachments 7-5-09mikie37_2x1.jpg (40KB - 113 downloads)
Attachments 7-7-09jtdad2x1.jpg (40KB - 120 downloads)
Attachments 7-8-09jt2x1.jpg (39KB - 131 downloads)
Attachments 7-7-09travis2x1.jpg (34KB - 127 downloads)
Attachments 7-9-09budz2x1.jpg (36KB - 102 downloads)
Attachments 7-3-09mike34_2x1.jpg (36KB - 133 downloads)
Attachments 7-3-09adam32_2x1.jpg (39KB - 126 downloads)
Attachments 7-8-09jt2x1.jpg (39KB - 115 downloads)
Attachments 7-12-09fat37_2x1.jpg (38KB - 107 downloads)
Attachments 7-14-09lungen44_2x1.jpg (35KB - 110 downloads)
Attachments 7-16-09grandpa_son37_2x1.jpg (45KB - 120 downloads)
Attachments 7-16-09threegenerations42_2x1.jpg (41KB - 119 downloads)
Attachments pewaukeerocks2x1.jpg (42KB - 99 downloads)
Sam Ubl
Posted 7/28/2009 9:34 AM (#390834 - in reply to #376093)

This month of July has shown surface temps more reminiscent of June than past July's. With temps in the low to mid-70's, where the norm for July ranges in the low 80's, it's a shame to see and here about floaters, yet I have been introduced to 5 as of late in the past two weeks. Two days ago a 50+ fish was found floating in the basin, which is pictured below (stole the pics off LL). I made a post to remind the less experienced to practice safe handling to avoid more deaths.

Edited by Sam Ubl 7/28/2009 11:07 AM

(newuploads033.jpg)

(newuploads034.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments newuploads033.jpg (15KB - 150 downloads)
Attachments newuploads034.jpg (17KB - 119 downloads)
capt. ahab
Posted 7/28/2009 9:56 AM (#390838 - in reply to #376093)

if you guys like more pressue, keep posting pictures and reports. Maybe it will draw some of the guys on the lakes in Madison to come down there! ; )
Good work fellas!
PSYS
Posted 7/29/2009 6:29 AM (#391037 - in reply to #390838)

capt. ahab - 7/28/2009 9:56 AM

if you guys like more pressue, keep posting pictures and reports. Maybe it will draw some of the guys on the lakes in Madison to come down there! ; )
Good work fellas!

LOL.

This ought to be good.
Hang on... let me get some popcorn.
Sam Ubl
Posted 7/29/2009 9:51 AM (#391092 - in reply to #376093)

Managed a couple hours after jumping on board a friends boat shortly after 7 last night. The water is finally getting back to it's normal cloudy color for this time of year - man was it clear up until now.
Mikes Extreme
Posted 8/1/2009 12:25 PM (#391745 - in reply to #391092)

Posting here is not the problem. Lake-Link is the worst place to post because that is the place most rookies will got to first. After they are more into the sport they start getting on more serious fishing websites. I have not posted on lake link for over ten years.

Newspaper articals from local guides and lake-link is the biggest problem with new inexperianced anglers getting out on the lakes to hit the HOT BITE.

Posting here is more for the seasoned angler. This is the only site I post on to help others enjoy the outdoors. This is the most informative and TEACHING muskie website on the internet in my opinion. People come here to learn and share. You can be part of it or complain about it.

Lakes like Pewaukee, Okauchee, Madison lakes and others will always get pounded. Posting on this site will not increase problems on the area lakes. Posting on some of the other sites will get more poeple on the water. Trust me, I get e-mails every day from people who read reports on Lake-Link and want to hire a guide. I talk to people weekely that tell me of Lake-Link reports and mishandling of fish. Heck, I see it all summer long on the water.

I am always iffy to post any reports but this site I have been with since before it was MuskieFirst back when it started as Muskiecentral. Great site here and a perfect place to get some info from good fishermen who like to share pics and some info.

If anyone doesn't believe me about this site just keep up with lake-link and this site and see where the rookies post. You will see this site is by far the best out there for people to learn from.

Again if anyone wants to help the rookie mistakes on the water please feel free to post helpfull tips and reminders on this site or expecially Lake-Link. I don't even post or read anything on other site. No internet time for me with two full time jobs.

Sounds like I am ripping on Lake-Link but the site is not the problem, it's the people who use it. Be part of the problem or the solution. Thats your choice. If people want to help others you should post helpfull info on the sites. Take some time and post positive feedback not negitive stuff.

Fish are dying because they are brought into the boats, picture sessions and dropped. They swim off but delayed mortality gets them after they swim off. I have seen 5 fish dropped this season and countless pictures taken of fish. Two quick pictures and back into the water is all it takes. A fish should never get brought into the boat and put on the floor ever. Big nets are the ticket. Livewells in the water.

Best tip to tell anyone who is new to the sport is: Take a deep breath when you take the fish out of the water, when you need air, so does that fish. Keep that in mind next time you bring a fish out of the water to take some pictures. The higher the water temps the more important this rule is.

Sam, thanks for the picture to keep delayed mortality in the minds of all of us who catch and release fish. Posting good advice on websites is huge. Please post sugestions on other site to help teach people the proper ways to handle fish.

As a full time guide I teach every aspect of muskie fishing. Catching them is only a small part of the learning. Handling fish is a huge part of what I stress to evey client. Everyone starts as a rookie sometime. If everyone just helped someone or posted a few tips we would make a difference. Try it, it feels good to know you are helping others build our fish future better and better.
Esox-Hunter
Posted 8/1/2009 4:27 PM (#391777 - in reply to #391745)

Nicely said Mike!

S.Killips
PSYS
Posted 8/1/2009 8:32 PM (#391797 - in reply to #391777)

Esox-Hunter - 8/1/2009 4:27 PM

Nicely said Mike!

S.Killips

I agree.

Very well said!!
Sam Ubl
Posted 8/1/2009 10:34 PM (#391811 - in reply to #376093)

Shawn, you been on the water? We'll get out soon, I'll hit you up mid to late August.

These temps have those mayflies hatching on a nightly basis lately. . .
Esox-Hunter
Posted 8/2/2009 12:58 AM (#391822 - in reply to #391811)

Sam havent been out in awhile. Maybe getn out 2mrow and monday.
Mikes Extreme
Posted 9/3/2009 5:26 PM (#397854 - in reply to #391822)

Water temperatures on Pewaukee went from the mid 70's to the low high 60's this past weekend. It's Thursday the 3rd of September now and with three straight days of calm warm clear days and night the lake temps shot back up into the mid 70's and the whole lake is now green.

We need some wind please!!!

Fishing has been very good all season. This is the first year I can remember that casting has been consistant almost all season. Trolling and casting both have put fish in my boat all season.

See http://mikekoepp.com for a better report.
Mikes Extreme
Posted 9/21/2009 10:19 PM (#401213 - in reply to #391822)

Smokey's has some great deals and stocked up with lot's of Lungen, DCG's, other prime bucktails. I was stunned by the selection John has ordered in. The bucktail bite is going and the top water bite is just getting warmed up. We actually has some rain here after 21 straight days of sun. Lots of people working hard for muskies here in Southeastern WI. Lots of lakes and fish to be had. It's nice to see some of the recreational boats getting off the lake. Hawg time now...............