Revo Toro question
pondigger
Posted 4/5/2009 12:55 PM (#370352)
Subject: Revo Toro question

Hello...just got a Revo Toro from an Ebay auction.....the dang levelwind doesn't work properly.....it's intermittent and doesn't work at all if the reel is pointed toward the floor....it's not the drag as the seller suggested it may be too loose....the thing's brand new....on a previuos Revo post there was an issue with these reels.....does my problem sound the same or is it completely different?.....would you send it back to the seller for a refund or just send it to Abu for warranty work.....thank you.....Bob
jay lip ripper
Posted 4/5/2009 1:45 PM (#370362 - in reply to #370352)
Subject: Re: Revo Toro question

send it back to the seller. i got a toro 50 on ebay and it is fine but i have not used it yet but it seems brand new. i know abu worked hard in making this reel so i dont think thats its just a bad reel from abu. who was the seller? pvt or retailer?
reelman
Posted 4/5/2009 1:59 PM (#370365 - in reply to #370352)

It sounds like the pawl cover is loose and since it's on the front of the level wind it would make sense that is has more of a problem when it's tipped forward. All that probably needs to be done is the pawl cover tightened a little bit.

Having to send it in will cost you more and take a bunch of time, this is just one of the reasons I wont buy anything from ebay. The main reason is that ebay and paypal are both anti-gun and I refuse to do business with any sompnay that would take away our 2nd Amendment rights.
pondigger
Posted 4/5/2009 2:03 PM (#370368 - in reply to #370362)

mine was a Revo Toro 50 also.....was an auction from one of those power sellers so I guess it'd be sort a retail......I looked at it again......now the levelwind doesn't move at all in any position......how long ago did you get yours......this guy I got it from was in Arkansas.....

thanks for the quick reply Reelman....the worm gear doesn't rotate at all....I can't notice anything loose on it......

Edited by pondigger 4/5/2009 2:17 PM
welldriller
Posted 4/5/2009 5:38 PM (#370404 - in reply to #370352)

The main reason is that ebay and paypal are both anti-gun and I refuse to do business with any sompnay that would take away our 2nd Amendment rights.

Reelman, I'm curious how e-bay is anti-gun? I'm not trying to start an arguement or anything. This is just the first that I've heard of this. I have my own separate problems with e-bay but I was just wondering what your take on it was.
muskie! nut
Posted 4/5/2009 7:46 PM (#370436 - in reply to #370352)

eBay does not allow the sale of guns on its site, so in that way it is anti-gun.
reelman
Posted 4/5/2009 8:34 PM (#370460 - in reply to #370352)

They claim that they don't want guns, or related items, on there site because they don't want the liabiliyt if they are used incorrectly. BS! They sell cars and they are used incoretly to kill people everyday.

PAyPal also contributes to anti-gun orginisations.
AWH
Posted 4/5/2009 9:14 PM (#370470 - in reply to #370352)

I don't believe it's legal for them to sell guns, so the fact that they don't allow them doesn't necessarily make them anti-gun. But maybe I'm missing something.

Aaron
reelman
Posted 4/5/2009 9:35 PM (#370473 - in reply to #370352)

GunBroker and other on-line sites offer guns for sale. The guns must be shipper to a FFL holder if they are handguns or long guns that are being shipped out of state.

Ebay used to allow guns but stopped after one of the shootings claiming that they could possibly be held responsible if one of the guns sold there was used in a crime. Funny they still allow knives, cars, baseball bats, etc. that can all be used to kill someone.

I don't beleive that they allow fur to be sold either. I know they don't allow bear skins to be sold.
lambeau
Posted 4/5/2009 9:36 PM (#370474 - in reply to #370352)

we don't allow the sale of tomatoes in our buy/sell forum here on MuskieFirst.
i guess that means we're anti-vegetable.
of course, we don't do gun sales either...

as for the Toro, it'll cost you a couple bucks to ship it to Abu-Garcia or to take it to a local repair shop. if the seller will replace it with a different one, shipping it to him will cost you the same amount.
AWH
Posted 4/5/2009 10:30 PM (#370493 - in reply to #370474)

lambeau - 4/5/2009 9:36 PM

we don't allow the sale of tomatoes in our buy/sell forum here on MuskieFirst.
i guess that means we're anti-vegetable.
of course, we don't do gun sales either...

Tomatoes work excellent for a scent on musky baits. MuskieFIRST should reconsider. Bananas I could understand. The musky community needs to be anti-fruit. There's too many fruits among us!

Aaron
reelman
Posted 4/6/2009 10:41 AM (#370545 - in reply to #370352)

But muskiefirst is a web-site aimed at a very specific user group. I assume this is why you don't allow tomatoes or guns to be sold on here. Ebay is an exptremely general web-site aimed at everybody not just a specific user group like musky fishermen. There is a big difference IMO. If I knew that the owner of this site was anti-gun and contriubted to anti-gun or animal rights groups I would never visit this site again as I believe all of us as sportsmen need to stick together.

VMS
Posted 4/6/2009 1:01 PM (#370578 - in reply to #370352)

Hiya,

Here's something for you to try: Go to ebay and type in "Winchester 94" you will get lots of stuff that is related to it including stocks, forends, etc. What you cannot get from there are trigger mechanisms and barrels. those are the two main parts that they refuse to allow. So...if they were anti-gun, they would not allow ANY of that stuff to be sold on the site.

No different than Target stores not selling guns (although I remember when they did), or JCPenny and Sears no longer selling guns through their catalog orders.

I suppose since Cabela's or Bass Pro shops do not sell shotguns, rifles, and handguns through their catalogs they are anti-gun as well?

Just some thoughts to add for argument's sake...

Steve

Edited by VMS 4/6/2009 1:03 PM
reelman
Posted 4/6/2009 1:52 PM (#370589 - in reply to #370352)

To ad for arguments sake:

Sears, Target, etc. stopped selling guns because the profit in guns is terrible and they could make more money putting something else on the shelf instead of guns. Ebay doe not inventory anything and charges the same % wether it's a gun or a baseball card so it's not a profit thing like it was for Sears and Target. I believe Ebays stance is that they will not allow anything that is used in the firing of a gun which means triggers, receivers, barrels, etc. stocks and scopes are still allowed.

THe other thing is that Ebay never actually sells anything, they host a site that connects buyers and sellers. Those buyers of guns would need to follow every BATFE regulation whether they buy it through Ebay or from the local dealer. So ask yourself what the real reason is that Ebay doesn't allow guns to be sold there?

FYI Bass Pro and Cabelas does have guns in there catalogs but to buy ine you either need to go to one of there stores or have it shipped to an FFL holder.
lambeau
Posted 4/6/2009 4:26 PM (#370617 - in reply to #370589)

or have it shipped to an FFL holder.

and there's your sign.