Muskies Inc Outings to Andy Meyers Lodge!
HERBIE
Posted 3/24/2009 2:31 PM (#368063)
Subject: Muskies Inc Outings to Andy Meyers Lodge!

m.i. outings scheduled and openings

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the twin cities chapter has an outing scheduled for aug 8-15 and the madison M.I. chapter has an outing scheduled aug 29-sept 5.
we have all had great times and fishing during these outings in past years with numerous fish 45-54" having been boated,it is also several of the best times for big walleyes and lots of them if you want to mix it up a bit.
you do not have to be a member of either club to join in,yu can be a member of any M.I. club or not even a member to join the outing and see if perhaps you would like to become one.
both are great chapters with some great members who go out of thier way to help others and spend alot of thier free time in efforts to spread conservation,stock fish,enhance habitat,etc which is what we all hold sacred.
excellent group M.I. rates with raffles for free guide trips,lures,fish fry,seminars,commoderie,and some serious fish pound'n.

for the twin citys outing aug 8-15 e mail [email protected]

for the madison chapter outing aug 29-sept 5 e mail [email protected]
or
call steve 888 727 5865 info@andymyerslodge
C.Painter
Posted 3/25/2009 11:58 AM (#368242 - in reply to #368063)
Subject: RE: Muskies Inc Outings to Andy Meyers Lodge!

These are great opportunities to fish with a group that REALLY helps people put fish in the boat!!! From the staff on down to all the members of the "outing". Info is shared daily to help assure folks are on fish and doing the right things to up their odds of nailing a biggie!!

Feel free to email me or to pm me!!

Cory
C.Painter
Posted 3/25/2009 1:15 PM (#368254 - in reply to #368242)

Oh...and here is a little visual motivator from a prior outing to AML for the Cap City club!

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(51 and half pic two 9 4 06.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 51 and half pic two 9 4 06.JPG (65KB - 99 downloads)
esoxaddict
Posted 3/25/2009 1:32 PM (#368257 - in reply to #368063)
Subject: Re: Muskies Inc Outings to Andy Meyers Lodge!

Cory, did you get a girth on that fish? Look at that fish, it's thick all the way through to the tail! (Every fish I've seen on Eagle is built like that now that I think about it) MAN, I can NOT wait to get back up there! Thanks a LOT, Cory

Edited by esoxaddict 3/25/2009 3:30 PM
Troyz.
Posted 3/26/2009 1:55 PM (#368466 - in reply to #368257)

The TC has several boats heading up and would like to finalize shortly after the MN Expo, stop and visit us or Herbie at the show for details. We can also partner you up withsome one, have several tenatives flying solo. Several in the group have been guest at Andy Meyers in past and are looking forward to this trip. Andrew when are you heading up? We moved back so we hope to see you up there. Contact me at [email protected]

Troy Z

Here is a pics of my sons fish he stole.

(Zack50-808.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Zack50-808.jpg (81KB - 82 downloads)
Slamr
Posted 3/26/2009 2:04 PM (#368468 - in reply to #368063)

Andrew as in me? Oh why would you think I would have read this thread? Oh yeah, cause I read all the threads. Funny, me and Nikki are heading up the 8-15th of August during the Twin Cities Chapter meeting. I'm attaching a fish Nikki caught last year. Not as big as Corey's PIG, but I've seen Corey at an ADULT establishment many years ago....so that evens out these fish. Somehow.

(Nikki Fish 2.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Nikki Fish 2.jpg (88KB - 80 downloads)
C.Painter
Posted 3/30/2009 2:07 PM (#369241 - in reply to #368063)

MANNNNY MOONS AGO....and no it doesn't even it out

These are great trips...Last year I had a 56+plus follow up....knee shaker for kids of all ages!!
tell'n ya...if a couple of guys are looking to get in on some great fishing with some folks willing to help ya out learn the waters etc etc these muskies inc outings are "muskie schools" in themselves if you want them to be!!

Cory

Edited by C.Painter 3/30/2009 2:17 PM
C.Painter
Posted 3/30/2009 2:10 PM (#369244 - in reply to #369241)

OH, and if my memory serves me correct...I told you the spot Nikki caught that fish just by the picture

GOT to love Eagle!

esoxaddict
Posted 3/30/2009 2:34 PM (#369249 - in reply to #369241)

We had one fish going last year, all of 54". Had that fish up 13 different times in three days. Had another one in the 50 - 52" range come up behind my bucktail, flared her gills, opened her mouth, bit at the bait... I felt a bump, set the hook, and as she went past the boat I could see feathers and tinsel hanging out of her mouth.

Spent that night in my cabin with a pair of scissors, cutting the hair off the back of all my bucktails
jonnysled
Posted 3/31/2009 7:36 AM (#369381 - in reply to #368063)

jeff ... it's ok to say you screwed it up.

yah, seriously along with the words comin at you from these guys the madison group of mi and there week on the rock is worth it for anyone consdering a trip to eagle whether as a team or jumping in as a loner. i've been there on the same week as that group for the last 4 years and it's a great group and a great time of year to be there. we've always had both good numbers and some giants caught that week in camp. i'm sure the same holds true for troy and his crew from minny.

i remember that year cory caught the giant in the picture he posted ... was the same year i had bear tenderloin for the first time. the overall camp includes some bear hunters, musky-hunters, a few multi-species guys and is just a great time.

each of the 4 years i've been there there has been a 50 in the boat ... and action throughout the week. i've also caught my bonus largest pike and largest walleye while on the eagle trips.

if you want to go to canada ... this is by-far the best deal going.
esoxaddict
Posted 3/31/2009 10:41 AM (#369419 - in reply to #368063)

Sometimes there just isn't much you can do when they're coming right at you.. Now, had I caught that fish? I'd have made sure to hang on to it long enough to get a picture of more than an empty bump board...

Edited by esoxaddict 3/31/2009 10:42 AM
jonnysled
Posted 3/31/2009 11:26 AM (#369422 - in reply to #368063)

when you potsy a fish ... you potsy a fish
esoxaddict
Posted 3/31/2009 11:55 AM (#369426 - in reply to #368063)

Hey, 'ya gotta blow it on your first 50, it builds character!! Besides, it's just another reason to get my butt back up to AML and redeem myself. Heaven on water...
C.Painter
Posted 4/14/2009 12:28 PM (#372075 - in reply to #368063)

We still have openings! ALSO, we have someone very familiar with Eagle lake, with a new boat...looking for a partner for our outing!

If anyone is interested PM me!

Cory