folbe rod holders
Another 32"er
Posted 3/11/2009 8:07 AM (#365520)
Subject: folbe rod holders

What are your thoughts on these?? Can you run a rod straight down in the water in rough conditions without having to worry about the holder opening up? Looking for any input. Thanks
STUSHSKY
Posted 3/11/2009 9:45 AM (#365536 - in reply to #365520)
Subject: RE: folbe rod holders

i have them and would not trade for any others...very solid and super heavy duty. yes you can point your rod pretty much straight down if you want depending on your mounting set-up. no worry of it opening up since it has a great locking button that when pushed will never come open unless you manually release the lock button.
Muskie4Life
Posted 3/11/2009 10:17 AM (#365542 - in reply to #365520)
Subject: RE: folbe rod holders

I just put 4 Folbes on my boat. I was a little suprised at how much they flexed when I put a rod in them and pulled on it. So I took my heaviest rod and cranked the drag down tight then pulled the line to see if I could brake the holder (better now than on the water). The holders held up fine, the drag would slip and the rod was probably close to the breaking point. I can't imagine breaking these holders under nornal use. I was testing it with the additional riser as well.

I did have trouble mounting the flush mount devise. When I would tighten the screws down the release button would not work. So I ended up putting 4 washers under the piece to shim it up and all was well. Not a big deal but shouldn't have to do that IMO. I plan to add another set to the boat so I can run a 6 rod set.

M4L