Wild Action Weagles
mrmatt
Posted 3/10/2009 6:37 PM (#365425)
Subject: Wild Action Weagles

I am going to buy a weagle before the start of the season. I saw the Wild Action Weagle on muskytackleonline.com- I haven't really heard much about these. What do you guys think? Is the action much different than a regular weagle? Should I go that route? How about the ten incher? Or go with the regular? All input would be appreciated.
tuffy1
Posted 3/10/2009 7:20 PM (#365434 - in reply to #365425)
Subject: RE: Wild Action Weagles

The WA Weagle was very good to my boat last year. It is definitely different than a standard weagle, but we caught lots of fish on them. They have a little slurp they make when you fish them with the tail making the noise. The don't walk quite as hard side to side as a regular weagle, but it didn't seem to matter. We also got fish to go in the 8 on them too which was a bonus.

The first time I threw the WA last season, it got chased into the 8 by a really nice fish (note, make sure partner puts his rod with his bait haniging off of it IN the boat, not over the side when he isn't casing lol) and a few casts later we had a nice 45 in the boat. 3 other fish fell to it that weekend, and many more throughout the year.

I didn't throw the 10" WA until later in the season, so I can't report too much on that, but if it's like it's tail-less cousin in the 10" version, it'll get bit. Definitely add these to your box if you like throwing weagles. (the frog colored one is the one that got chewed a lot last season)
lambeau
Posted 3/10/2009 8:11 PM (#365450 - in reply to #365425)
Subject: Re: Wild Action Weagles

i like the Wild Action version in the 8" size, i prefer the standard version in the 10" size.
like Joel said, it adds a subtle flip to the end of each move the bait makes.
BALDY
Posted 3/10/2009 9:01 PM (#365461 - in reply to #365425)

The tail does add a little something at the end of the glide.

Like Mike, I also prefer the standard in the 10 inch. It's a tossup for me on the 8...wild or not

Lately, I actually prefer the 10 altogether.
Beaver
Posted 3/11/2009 1:11 AM (#365497 - in reply to #365461)

You can't go wrong, so buy one of each.
The tail is a bonus on the 8 for when a non-comitted fish runs out of real estate
I've had luck on all versions.
Beav
muskie24/7
Posted 3/11/2009 7:24 AM (#365513 - in reply to #365497)

I just threw a WA WEAGLE for the first time the other day! I thought it was awsome! All the MOJO products are top of the line stuff and you really can't go wrong with anything! Both the Weagles and the Wabuls are at the top of my favorites list! I need a couple more 10" for the "09" season though!

Brian Gilmore