In line planer boards vs mast systems
Juhas
Posted 12/25/2008 7:06 AM (#351431)
Subject: In line planer boards vs mast systems

Any insite in using a mast system over in-line boards?

Ease of use?
Rod tension and hook up at strike?
Adjustment of boards when passing things like boats and structure?
Thanks
Chris
muskihntr
Posted 12/25/2008 9:41 PM (#351523 - in reply to #351431)
Subject: Re: In line planer boards vs mast systems

chris i have very limited expereince with both, but my 1.5 cents worth is that the mast is nice if you are in the wide open with big baits. when you are in traffic or near structure you have to be a little more on your toes with the mast. the boards (mr walleye) are much easier for one person to handle alone, or do while one person drives. come see me at chicago and talk to ya bout em. unfortunetly i have limited use with them both. but ill give ya my input on em!
john
Juhas
Posted 12/26/2008 1:18 AM (#351552 - in reply to #351523)
Subject: Re: In line planer boards vs mast systems

Thanks John
Posted 1/2/2009 11:35 PM (#352797 - in reply to #351431)
Subject: RE: In line planer boards vs mast systems

Juhas,
I have both mast and in line, if your on small waters the in line's are the way to go. The mast system is great for big water and running bigger baits! The big boards run MUCH better in waves than the little in line's. The hook up's seem to be just as good for both. It is so much easier to simply reel in the boards when passing other boats than reeling in the boards and reels with the mast system. the other nice thing about the mast is after getting a strike the release pops and it's you and the fish, don't need to worry about the in line board flopping around.

Hope this helps........
Chasin50
Posted 1/3/2009 12:31 PM (#352841 - in reply to #352797)
Subject: RE: In line planer boards vs mast systems

Guest - 1/3/2009 12:35 AM

Juhas,
I have both mast and in line, if your on small waters the in line's are the way to go. The mast system is great for big water and running bigger baits! The big boards run MUCH better in waves than the little in line's. The hook up's seem to be just as good for both. It is so much easier to simply reel in the boards when passing other boats than reeling in the boards and reels with the mast system. the other nice thing about the mast is after getting a strike the release pops and it's you and the fish, don't need to worry about the in line board flopping around.

Hope this helps........ ;-)

Exactly what Guest said. You really need both, especially if you plan to fish big water.