Nibbler and Leviathan
Muskerboy
Posted 12/9/2008 3:55 PM (#348936)
Subject: Nibbler and Leviathan

Hey tacklebooty,
When you gunna show everyone the nibbler and the leviathan?
They look sweet.
Tackle Industries
Posted 12/10/2008 6:06 PM (#349088 - in reply to #348936)
Subject: RE: Nibbler and Leviathan

Got the Nibblers in and already selling them. The bass guys in California pay up to and over $25-$40 for these. LOL no clue why but they won't have to pay that much for mine! The Leviathan is coming along very well too. Also have one called the Hairy Plopper (my son named it) coming soon. Of course all in many many colors. Going to have a few glow in the dark patterns for the topwaters too. Then you can charge them up with a light as little or as much as you want for night fishing. Both the topwaters will come with a corkscrew attachment on the tail split ring so you can add ANY tail you want. Then you don't have to buy a replacement tail for $5 that cost under $0.50 to make. With this you can use an old grub tail if you like or an old tail off a destroyed swimbait. Should help save a few bucks and allow you guys to "experiment" a little with tails. I have a few more lures about to hit the market too. The big 11" Mag Shad and a new 8" hybrid jointed lure with a rubber tail. That one comes with a free replacement tail too in case you lose it. I think with the economy going down any lure or innovation that helps shave off a few bucks on your musky fishing hobby will help my business too.
Thanks and have a good winter!
James

Edited by tacklebooty 12/10/2008 6:17 PM

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(nibbler.JPG)

(hairy plopper.jpg)

(Leviathan.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments nibbler.JPG (111KB - 119 downloads)
Attachments hairy plopper.jpg (84KB - 147 downloads)
Attachments Leviathan.jpg (30KB - 180 downloads)
esoxlucifer
Posted 12/13/2008 6:14 PM (#349614 - in reply to #349088)
Subject: RE: Nibbler and Leviathan

you rock james! would love to see you add a magnum wobbler topwater...similar to the giant klunker by AHL. but maybe with a little thicker body...more like the magnum hawg wobbler. no such thing as too big for me and alot of us...can throw these on the big sticks we are using for mag bucks/plastics. I know that this lure would pull hard but with something like a 4:1 ratio 7000 it should be no problem. any chance of something like this in your line?
Chas
Posted 12/13/2008 7:06 PM (#349616 - in reply to #348936)
Subject: Re: Nibbler and Leviathan

Very nice looking, James! Is the Nibbler a solid rubber body, & do you let the treble hang or rig it for one hook in the body(Like a dawg)? Also, are you going to be at the Chicago show? Thanks

Chas
RyanJoz
Posted 12/16/2008 5:14 PM (#350113 - in reply to #348936)

I just saw that James (Tackle Industries) has a new swimbait out on the market. It is 8" long and 4.75 oz. Does anyone have one of these yet? I am upset with some of my "brand x" lures and I am looking for a replacement of the same type. If they are like the rest of his baits, they will for sure be a hit and "Tough as Nails!"
CASTING55
Posted 12/16/2008 6:10 PM (#350143 - in reply to #350113)

is the prop topwater like a magnum size TOP WALKER or regular,they all look REAL GOOD.ALSO WHERE DO YOU GET THOSE HOOK PROTECTORS

Edited by CASTING55 12/16/2008 6:11 PM
Tackle Industries
Posted 12/16/2008 6:30 PM (#350147 - in reply to #350143)

esoxlucifer-Maybe late next year. I have about 30 total lures either for sale, in production or on the design board. I am trying to get 1-3 lures in my line-up for any given situation (glider, swimbait, crank, topwater, etc.).

Chas-Solid rubber (plastisol) and tougher than the current SuperDs. Its more of a bass bait but musky sized I let the hook hang myself. Won't be at the Chicago show. I have a full time job on top of this plus two kids (3 and 4) so my time is limited to say the least! lol

RyanJoz-Thanks! They are on my website right now. Just got them in so no retailers have them yet...

CASTING55-Its similar to about three such topwaters out there with the single prop and hair tail. I tweaked mine a little and added the cork screw to hold any type of grub tail you have in your box. Should help guys experiment a little with them. The prop will also be plated in 24k gold when they are made for sale. I hope to have them out in 8-10 weeks for spring fishing time. I have two out right now, the Medusa and Kraken topwater lures with gold plated wings and props. I have had those out for about 3 months now and I had sold a few Krakens and Medusa lures at in Spring 2008 but not much was said about them. Good topwaters and another tool for your box. The hook protectors are just rubber tubing. You can get it online real cheap or on eBay too.

Thanks!
James

Edited by tacklebooty 12/16/2008 6:31 PM