White Sand (Lac Du Flambeau)
river runt
Posted 11/4/2008 4:01 PM (#343778)
Subject: White Sand (Lac Du Flambeau)

Headed out early tommorow morning to spend a few days on the deep crystal clear waters of White Sand, have not tried her this late in the fall, looking forward to it, anyone fish it much this late or this year.
DJS
Posted 11/4/2008 8:46 PM (#343836 - in reply to #343778)
Subject: RE: White Sand (Lac Du Flambeau)

Are you talking about the one near Boulder Junction? If so here is some info
Whitesand is a great lake to both cast and row troll.You are correct that the east side contains better structual elements.A thermocline may set up in the summer months at the 25'level.My best casting bait has been the fast sinking Huddlestons in trout or white patterns.I havnt row trolled it in several years but the large Hooker crankbaits worked well then.The area between the very large bar on the North shore and "Johnies"bar off the east shore is outstanding. The landing can be very shallow at times but fine for smaller boats.All in all a very good cisco based ,clear water lake that contains some Big Fish Have Fun..... Howie
Posted 11/4/2008 9:44 PM (#343838 - in reply to #343778)
Subject: Re: White Sand (Lac Du Flambeau)

no, it's the one on the res. just west of Minocqua.
Medford Fisher
Posted 11/4/2008 11:43 PM (#343852 - in reply to #343778)

DJS,

Runt is referring to the one on the reservation, right by Lac du Flambeau. However, I am headed up there maybe this weekend, and next weekend for sure. We're hoping to hit the cisco-spawn, and if we do, White Sand is probably where we're going to try first. Thanks for the tips, and if you have any more, please PM me with them. I fished it this summer two days for a few hours each. One follow, but no takers. I'm thinking it will be quite different fishing now versus in the summer.

Runt, sorry I can't help you out. I wanted to head over there this summer as I worked north of Minocqua, but there's just way too many lakes to try to check out and learn!!! (How rough it is...) Good luck tomorow and if you wouldn't mind sharing, let me know how you did and what types of water temps you had. I would really appreciate it.

Catch a biggun, Jake Bucki
MuskyHopeful
Posted 11/4/2008 11:44 PM (#343853 - in reply to #343778)

I think I fished there once. I got up late and forgot the sandwiches. I know we had a really huge sucker hanging over the side. Like a five pounder.

So, bring some sandwiches and a big sucker.

Hope that helps.

Kevin

Yes we can.

Edited by MuskyHopeful 11/4/2008 11:45 PM
river runt
Posted 11/5/2008 5:22 AM (#343861 - in reply to #343778)

Thanks, sucker sandwiches it is. We are optimistic and very excited, have boated a couple very nice fish out there in September and can't wait too see the extra girth. Headed out shortly, first stop will be for suckers in Wausa, we will post results and pictures.
sorenson
Posted 11/5/2008 9:43 AM (#343873 - in reply to #343853)

MuskyHopeful - 11/4/2008 10:44 PM

I think I fished there once. I got up late and forgot the sandwiches. I know we had a really huge sucker hanging over the side. Like a five pounder.

So, bring some sandwiches and a big sucker.

Hope that helps.

Kevin

Yes we can.

mmmm, was really looking forward to those sandwiches too...

S.