Tuesday at Pewaukee
MUSKYLUND1
Posted 10/14/2008 5:22 PM (#340754)
Subject: Tuesday at Pewaukee

I realized late last week that I had vacation left that I need to use before it gets too late in the year. The first thing I did was look at the weather forecast, then the moon tables and then my meeting schedule at work. I quickly came to the decision that Tuesday was my window if I wanted to get out this week. After checking with the boss and wife it was put on the calendar.

I hit the water today about 6:30 after picking up 2 medium suckers at Dick Smith's. Smokey's did not open until 7 and I wanted to get on the water as soon as possible. $7.99 for medium suckers, Ouch! After picking up a couple of suckers I hit the water. The first couple of drifts were unproductive and by 9am I was not very optimistic. About 10am I had a hit on my boatside sucker and promptly boated a 31". After boating the fish and taking a quick pic with the tripod I set back up on the weedline to restart my drift. I completed that drift and started another which was unproductive.

A little after Noon I talked to another guy who had boated a 44" trolling. Since it was almost time for lunch I decided to do some trolling while I ate my lunch. Within 10 minutes I had a strike, fish on. It hit a spinnerbait about 20 ft behind the boat. It was a nice fish in the 38-40" range. I got her up to the boat and was about to net her when the hook pulled out. It was probably my fault because in hind sight I should have taken more time with that fish before attempting to net it.

I continued trolling for another hour or so and boated another 31" on the same spinnerbait (black/org). After a number of trollling passes in the same area I did one drift through the area casting lures while drifting a sucker. That was it. I never saw another fish. I ended the day with 3 fish hooked and 2 boated. None were huge, but I had 2 firsts today. My first musky trolling in Wisconsin and my first mutiple musky day in Wisconsin. All in all it was a good day. I'm glad I took the day off.

Edited by MUSKYLUND1 10/15/2008 11:27 AM
ILmuskie
Posted 10/15/2008 10:39 AM (#340868 - in reply to #340754)
Subject: Re: Tuesday at Pewaukee

Cool reported and not bad for a day off!
Magruter
Posted 10/15/2008 10:55 AM (#340869 - in reply to #340868)
Subject: Re: Tuesday at Pewaukee

Nice work Tom. Many more to come!!