TackleBooty
stonewallracing9
Posted 10/9/2008 7:53 PM (#340075)
Subject: TackleBooty

This has probably been said before, but I didn't find a recent thread so here I go again.

I just want to say what great customer service I have been given by James from TackleBooty, Tackle Industries, Grunt Lures and other outlets....

I have not caught a fish on any of the dbl-10s or 5oz Super-D's YET.... I say YET, but I am very happy with the products and will keep throwing them. Beyond the lures themselves, I am even more impressed with the response and customer service that James gives.

My next musky lure purchase will be several 8oz Super-D's.

Thanks for supporting Musky fisherman and this site!

SW
RyanJoz
Posted 10/9/2008 8:49 PM (#340084 - in reply to #340075)
Subject: Re: TackleBooty

SW, I agree James is a heck of a guy. I emailed him in the fall about how to make bucktails, not knowing that he had his own business. I thought he made baits on the side just for fun, but it turns out he makes a large production out of some lures! He responds to all of my messages and emails within the day usually and I have even been fortunate enough to speak with him on the phone. James is a great guy and the customer service is second to none.

Thanks again James, and Sorry once more I couldnt get you all 341 of those manta's.
Tackle Industries
Posted 10/9/2008 9:36 PM (#340092 - in reply to #340075)

Thanks guys! All I ask is you send me the pictures of those 50lbers you get on the lures!

I have some real cool lures coming soon! New to the world spinnerbait that is literally 500!!! lures in one! From depth adjustments to colors and I will cost it out about as much (or a little less) than any other leading brand spinnerbaits out there. New SuperDs out soon too. FYI--I will NOT sell the Generation II SuperDs retail once my new Generation III lures are ready for sale. I won't "work" through my inventory to get to the good stuff. You guys will get "the good stuff" right away! Not that my Gen II SuperDs are bad but I made some more fixes (thanks to my great customers feedback!!). I think most of you will really like the Gen III lures and they will take over this market in quality and price! Improved harnesses, 5 sizes, 42 colors in all sizes, new plastisol (15% harder), yada yada yada...

Right now I have 9 lure types out and by this time next year I hope to have 27 or 28 out! I will have about 800 SKUs LOL! Try to manage those UPC codes!

Good news to you Grunt guys too. Just got my USA manufacturing up and running so I hope to have those big boys out in numbers soon and I also will be taking about $10 a lure off the retail prices to boot!! Good old fashion hardwood 17" monster bait (straight and jointed) the way grandpa made lures. Alos hope to have a lil-Grunt (10" or 12") out sometime next year. Another good old time hardwood lure.

Well, thanks again and keep beating my lures up and breaking them... if you can. I can only fix em and make em better if you break em for me! Not sure if I will have to make a Gen IV SuperD but I will if you guys let me know that I need to. I have yet to make a dime on the SuperD line in 18 months due to the cost of improving the lures again and again. My wife hopes that will change real soon! ...so does the bank! lol
James

Edited by tacklebooty 10/10/2008 8:31 AM
Plunker
Posted 10/10/2008 1:46 PM (#340200 - in reply to #340075)

What brand hooks are you using on those super D's? I like them and need to pick up some replacements.
Tackle Industries
Posted 10/10/2008 2:44 PM (#340207 - in reply to #340075)

They are no-name hooks but I specify the materials of use for them in my specifications. Honestly I buy Mustads for most of my personal stuff but I have about 20,000 hooks in my garage right now (3/0 and 6/0 Mustads). Problem with Mustads is that you pay a lot for the brand name and you can make a hook just as good if you buy enough and specify the right materials... Let me know if you need any of the Mustads. I can sell them to you at my bulk wholesale costs plus my shipping. I think I have enough
Reef Hawg
Posted 10/10/2008 8:13 PM (#340258 - in reply to #340075)
Subject: RE: TackleBooty

I had some questions about the lures from Tacklebooty, so I emailed them to the company. My signature contains my phone number, and within an hour I had a phone call. It was James on the other end, explaining everything I wanted to know, and more, about his tackle. I really appreciate that!! I will be making an order soon, both for myself, and for our Musky Club banquet in the spring.

Edited by Reef Hawg 10/10/2008 8:14 PM