LOTW northwest angle report
momuskies
Posted 9/9/2008 5:02 PM (#335464)
Subject: LOTW northwest angle report

Spent the week up at Sandy's last week. Fishing overall was very good. Started the week with zeroes each of the first three days. Had some follows, but no fish in the boat. Lost a big fish on day 2-upper 40s low 50s-when she went airborne. Put a DCG through my finger on the third day. Went through the top, down and out through the middle. First time I've seen my finger bone. Didn't want to waste the day, so I taped it up and prayed for the best. Today is the first day I've been able to move the finger.

Over the last 4 days, I landed 8. 4 were over 40, 2 biggest were 47 & 48. I hooked and lost another 10 fish. A few of those were figure 8 strikes that went airborne-a couple were topwaters and the rest just happened. I caught my biggest fish on a fig. 8 to date-47". Almost all of the fish came on DCGs. I caught one on a topraider and missed/lost a couple others on top. The fish were very shallow. The 48 and another bigger fish that I raised 4 times were in 2 ft. of water or less.

Cabbage was absolutely money-there's just not very much of it this year. At least 4 times I called a fish on the next cast after spotting a patch of cabbage, and sure enough got a follow or landed a fish. Most of the fish were in shallow pockets with weed cover.

I also caught a bonus seagull on a pink weagle.

I'll post some pics tomorrow after I resize them.