need some advice please.
stugots4u
Posted 9/4/2008 8:11 PM (#334817)
Subject: need some advice please.

Since my boat is in the upper north and the wife is 3 weeks away of having a baby. I need to get one day in. Would you go and rent at ind. grove? Go walk around sterling, or can a rent a boat on the chain?? When should I go morning or night and any ideas of what baits to use. I have the itch bad so please help?????? Michae
Clark A
Posted 9/4/2008 10:13 PM (#334843 - in reply to #334817)
Subject: RE: need some advice please.

2 years ago this month, 2 guys got 2 48"'s in the net at the same time, and a day or so later one got a 50". Shabbona is calling you!!! I don't think they all went over the dam. Get the Fittante/Lax order in before the kid comes!! I often fished the lake for tigers from 1979-1982, and we did have some multiple fish days. The biggest tiger we caught was only 39", but that almost unheard of at that time. Our mission was to break Mr. Prescott state record of ??22 lbs??, and we had seen a couple that may have exceeded that weight. The tigers in lake seemed to disappear, and the last time I fished "My Shabbona" was 1984. I caught a 24"ish natural trolling a Harasser near the mouth of the refuge. I just checked a web-site stating that 1983 is the first year 11" naturals were stocked. Either the web site is wrong or they grew really fast!

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(Dead Friend Mark.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Dead Friend Mark.jpg (48KB - 75 downloads)
Cold Front Kid
Posted 9/4/2008 10:23 PM (#334845 - in reply to #334817)
Subject: RE: need some advice please.

Stugots,my buddy mike has a condo on the fox chain and a boat sittin at his dock! He works out of his Milwaukee office 2 days a week and he is always lookin for a partner to fish with. He's been fishing by himself quite a bit this year,i'm sure he would love if you jumped in to keep him company. He's kinda of a nerdy guy though,he's one of those guys that studies maps and knows more about gps units than the guys that actually make them. Leave a cell number and i will have him call you...........Cold Front Kid
stugots4u
Posted 9/4/2008 10:49 PM (#334851 - in reply to #334817)
Subject: Re: need some advice please.

Thanks i would really thankyou a bunch. It should be geat , I am a typical chicago Italian guy!!!! The sooner the better 773 908-1023 mike