Rigging your small boat

Posted 5/19/2002 5:30 PM (#2054)
Subject: Rigging your small boat

Was at the store with the Mrs. grocery shopping today. Being the good husband I am I steered the cart, not very well I might add, and read a magazine while she did the shopping.

Anyway, Walleye Insider Magazine has an article on rigging your small boat. I didn't get a chance to read it but it did look good. Everything from tips and pointers, wire and connectors to fuse panels and lights. Looked like a really good article. We got to the checkout line and I had to put the mag down before I got to read the article though.

I may have to go back and read it tomorrow.

Just though some of you small timers, like me, would like to hear the article was there to read.

Posted 5/20/2002 8:35 AM (#33106)

Being left w/ a 14 Carolins Skiff, I can relate....I rigged mine so I can go after any type of fish around, from catfish to rockfish to musky. I added side rails for Downeast rod holders...interior light on the front casting deck...I have rod holders on both sides of the boat that will hold 6 rods horizontally....bro + I mounted an Eagle Magna View, rear bench seat + various other things to make fishing easier. I sat down + figured out what I had to have for both trolling + casting while leaving room in the boat for a cooler + other stuff...taking the time + looking over your boat then arranging things for easy acess is well worth the effort! Some day I'll get another big boat but for now I'm happy w/ me set up as she is! [:sun:]

Posted 5/20/2002 3:22 PM (#33107)

I actually got time to read the article. It was OK but not great. Pretty general with a few ideas. Might be OK to read but I wouldn't go buy the mag for it.

Posted 11/2/2002 10:02 AM (#33108)

I have three links on my site explaining how to rig your boat. Go to my site: http;//www.toothycritters.com
then go to "new links" for two new links I found. I also have a book section. Check out "hydrilla gorilla."

Posted 12/23/2002 3:17 PM (#33109)

Well Scott, since you started this topic, any advice, knowledge or links to share about how to put a casting deck on the front of my Lund. Steel or wood studs? Also, does Lund make a pattern or cut outs for a floor?

Be safe and have a Merry Christmas,
Don

Posted 12/24/2002 12:14 PM (#33110)

Don-
I haven't ever had to put a floor in. Mine came with the front floor already installed. I do know people who have done it though. They just used the standard wood with wooden 2x4's. I'd stay away from the steel ones if I were you. Make sure you use treated wood and plywood though. Also make sure to use a marine grade adhesive for the carpeting too.

That's about all the information I can offer you.

Hope it helps.