Right rod for a Trinidad 16N reel
Top H2O
Posted 2/21/2008 3:28 PM (#302840)
Subject: Right rod for a Trinidad 16N reel

I bought a Trinidad 16N last week and would like to match it up with a new 8ft-8.6 rod .

While at Thornes I looked at getting a custom rod built around this reel .(approx. $300.) I've never payed this much for a rod before, but would like to get what goes the best with this reel.

Now I am wondering about the balance, Is this a concern or should I just trust the sales man and get it done ? Or should I buy off the rack for $100. less ?.....Help

Jerome
Ed BZ
Posted 2/21/2008 3:36 PM (#302846 - in reply to #302840)
Subject: Re: Trinidad 16N

I would talk to keith at www.proedgefishing.com and have him build you one of his edge series @ 8'6" you will still save around a hundo.
Posted 2/21/2008 4:14 PM (#302857 - in reply to #302840)
Subject: RE: Right rod for a Trinidad 16N reel

Next time you are at Thorne Bros talk to Lonnie. He is the head rod builder there and can answer everything fishing rods. Tell him what you plan on using the rod for and he will make you a rod that will excede your expectations. Once you buy a custom rod you probably will never buy anything but custom again. To answer your question about balance. If the rod is weighted in the back to balance your rod, it will obviously feel physically heavier, however, you will not notice it because your hand is acting as a fulcrum. You will not be as fatigued at the end of the day. The weight at the back of the rod will keep the rod balanced rather than your arm, wrist, and hand muscles.