Christian fly in Canada
floydss
Posted 2/19/2008 9:20 PM (#302317)
Subject: Christian fly in Canada

Hi,

Rushing Wind is located about 20 miles south west of the west arm of eagle lake in Canada, there is fishing for 5 miles in three directions. The real gem musky lake is a portage lake and is about a 20 min walk. The portage lake has mainly trout and muskie in it and gets maybe two muskie fisherman a year for a week at a time. I personally have had a 50+ coming at my bait when a 41 came from beneath the boat and smacked the bait right in front her!!!

I am asking this because I want to get a feel for how many people would be interested in going. We may get something together if there is enough intrest.
The camp is a Christian camp. We are looking at sometime in the fall but other dates are open.
You can pm me if you would like more info.
thanks
Tony Knuteson

Edited by floydss 2/20/2008 8:16 AM
tomyv
Posted 2/20/2008 7:48 AM (#302363 - in reply to #302317)
Subject: Re: Christian fly in Canada

Huh? I'm a bit lost here.

Edited by tomyv 2/20/2008 7:52 AM
floydss
Posted 2/20/2008 8:04 AM (#302370 - in reply to #302317)

Where did you get lost? Let's see if we can help you get found!!
Would you or are you interested in going to a Christian fishing camp in Ontario Canada?
tomyv
Posted 2/20/2008 8:10 AM (#302374 - in reply to #302370)

umm, no. thanks.

Edited by tomyv 2/20/2008 8:14 AM
musky-skunk
Posted 2/20/2008 8:19 AM (#302377 - in reply to #302317)
Subject: RE: Christian fly in Canada

Sounds like a lot of fun! Unfortunatly my reservations (and deposits) are already made for my 2008 musky trips. Hope you find a good group of guys to join you though.

Andy
floydss
Posted 2/20/2008 8:23 AM (#302378 - in reply to #302317)

thank you
There are open dates for the camp right now I am just seeing if there is enough intrest to put together a week just for musky fisherman.
floydss
Posted 2/20/2008 8:32 AM (#302383 - in reply to #302317)

the name is Rushing wind, it is in my first post and they do not have a website, It you do a search on it you will get some pictures off of, God's Great Outdoors website, but what i am trying to get together is not a fisher of men retreat

Edited by floydss 2/20/2008 8:35 AM
muskihntr
Posted 2/20/2008 9:06 AM (#302391 - in reply to #302317)

i am starting a fundraiser to send hulbert, he needs it more than anybody! i will also in turn start a pool to lay odds on how many days, or maybe i should go hours til he gets kicked out.
floydss
Posted 2/20/2008 9:19 AM (#302394 - in reply to #302317)

I don't know what your perception of a Christian is but I can assure you there will be no kicking out, this camp is not all that different than any other fly in camp, wake up in the morning and you can go fishing if you want OR go down to the lodge and have some breakfast and a daily worship time, they will pack you a sandwich if you would like for lunch or you can bring your own. You can fish all day and come back for a gourmet supper and listen to one of the speakers OR you can go back out and go fishing again it's up to you. Some of the speakers I've met up threw the Fishers of Men retreats, include Ron Linder and Wally Hildenberg. I didn't put this up here to start anything I am just looking to see who would be interested in going and I've had alot of replies by pm already.

Edited by floydss 2/20/2008 9:38 AM
12gauge
Posted 2/20/2008 9:22 AM (#302396 - in reply to #302317)

Might be interested, i'll pm you. Sounds like fun, that portage lake is my style!
IAJustin
Posted 2/20/2008 9:29 AM (#302398 - in reply to #302317)

Very interested - PM sent
floydss
Posted 2/20/2008 9:49 AM (#302402 - in reply to #302317)

Yes they do and im not sure what a "tuc-a-buc" is? and if you are a true Nihilist you are contridicting yourself because you yourself exist right?
Hunter4
Posted 2/20/2008 10:01 AM (#302406 - in reply to #302317)

Wow,

I'm kind of dissappointed in some of you. I didn't think this guy was posting this to try and convert anyone. Sounds like it would be a great place to try and catch a fish. We're all grownups here and if your secure enough in what you believe than I don't see what the fuss is all about. It would make no difference to me if the camp was Christian, Buddist, Muslim or Jewish. If it has oppurtunity and is set up in a decent way. Whats the big deal? I don't get some of the responses. If your not interested just don't go.

Dave
jonnysled
Posted 2/20/2008 10:09 AM (#302407 - in reply to #302406)

Hunter4 - 2/20/2008 10:01 AM

Wow,
We're all grownups here

Christian, Buddist, Muslim or Jewish. If it has oppurtunity and is set up in a decent way. Whats the big deal?
Dave

lol

are you aware of the charter mission as described in the koran?, are you aware of the reality of the difference of the christian and jewish paradigm of the messiah? ... are you at all familiar with the foundation of buddism? ... tolerance is wonderful and a great and wonderful vision; however a realistic understanding of the doctrine, differences and missions of each might help you understand the turmoil that exists in parts of the world that a fun and cool "understanding" is a very real and living mission of followers to a doctrine that contradicts the feel good mission.

we have a convenient perspective of the differences and most without any knowledge of the reality just wonder why kumbaya doesn't exist. the root differences of the groups you list so easily become causes for destruction by very virtue of the doctrines and missions that followers carry out.

ignorance is bliss.

zap

muskihntr
Posted 2/20/2008 10:12 AM (#302410 - in reply to #302317)

wow, all i was trying to do was make a funny! is it spring yet????????? i am sure the trip is a great idea for those who have mutual intrests in it. good luck with it!
jonnysled
Posted 2/20/2008 10:20 AM (#302411 - in reply to #302317)

here in the land of budha and fo ... wondering why the anglo-christian world of the u.s. is so unaware of the conflict that is not only so real in the rest of the world, but quickly becoming a very real issue in our own cities and public schools throughout our country.

just trying to make an awareness point after reading something that although it might sound really peaceful, fails in the very words that come out based on the defined doctrine of the listing made.

sometimes it's easier to just read ... batt your eyelashes and say "yeah, that sounds great" ... vs. watch the reality of the same clash with flag-covered boxes filled with bodies fighting the conflicts that are very real at the clash point of the two doctrines with the reality that it might become your own neighborhoood if a naive attitude is used to approach the issues.

and .... obama by the way has zero experience to understand any of this.

zap
floydss
Posted 2/20/2008 10:23 AM (#302413 - in reply to #302317)

thank you and sled sounds like youve done your research on the subject. Which doctrine did you decide to follow?
Hunter4
Posted 2/20/2008 10:28 AM (#302416 - in reply to #302317)

Hey,

Johnny, ignorance is bliss. But this guy is talking about a fishing trip and nothing more. At least in my eyes thats how I see it. Don't try and insult my intellect by taking a shot at me. At least not on a fishing board. I think I deserve a little bit more consideration. I'm very well aware of the conflicts around the world and the role religion plays. Having lost family members to these struggles. Laugh all you want at me and the thousands of others who have lost and sacraficed for this country. I just don't feel Muskiefirst is the place and really didn't think this thread was all that big of deal.
Anytime you want to call me and educate me on the fundamental differences between religions and philosophy I'll be here. I believe you have my number. Its the same one I gave you before.

Dave
Hoop
Posted 2/20/2008 10:28 AM (#302417 - in reply to #302317)

now you did it Sled, you brought both religion and politics onto a thread.

I always thought it was 101 to never bring religion and politics into conversation unless you know your audience.

Having been zapped on 3 post already (rightfully so, but give me credit, you were laughing), I'll tread lightly. I'm sure it is a great opportunity for those interested, but if you didn't think you were opening yourself up for shots or debate, you are a bit naive.

No disease, no act of nature has killed more people then religion has.
jonnysled
Posted 2/20/2008 10:32 AM (#302419 - in reply to #302317)

i've studied the difference between the historical truth and traditions of the major religions which is a great study. it helps to understand why and how many of the current turmoils exist and then again the difficulty of the conflict resolution and corresponding challenges facing the political and socio-economic future of the societies they support.

i was born into the lutheran church ...

now i would just state that after studying the heritage of the major religions and then challenging truth vs. tradition ... that i believe in a single god ... and many of the realities of the history of man and his influence by the very same ... but that many things get lost in the traditions that mask the truth through the organization of the religions and the churches. the good thing is that documentation of the history of all of this is out there for everyone to make up their own minds ... it' just a shame that people tend to follow and not thing for themselves by grinding through the available information.

so, the answer is ... it's a personal situation as is yours. but, it is a position that's understanding enough to know better than to listen to the whole agenda of "why can't we all just get along" .... because if you really truly understand the truth and doctrines you'll also understand that that possibility is futile ...

imo
jonnysled
Posted 2/20/2008 10:35 AM (#302420 - in reply to #302417)

Hoop - 2/20/2008 10:28 AM

now you did it Sled, you brought both religion and politics onto a thread.

I always thought it was 101 to never bring religion and politics into conversation unless you know your audience.

Having been zapped on 3 post already (rightfully so, but give me credit, you were laughing), I'll tread lightly. I'm sure it is a great opportunity for those interested, but if you didn't think you were opening yourself up for shots or debate, you are a bit naive.

No disease, no act of nature has killed more people then religion has.

Indeed!
sworrall
Posted 2/20/2008 10:38 AM (#302422 - in reply to #302317)

Sorry guys, but this one is spiraling out of reach...