new charger...
Bruce
Posted 2/19/2008 6:12 AM (#302073)
Subject: new charger...

Bought a Cabelas Pro Mariner 2 bank and they only come with 6 foot leads. They sell a extension kit for $20. Leads from charger already have fuses, and the kit comes with fuses too. 15 foot xtension kit if my mind serves me correctly. There are 5 foot extensions from the mfg too if I wanted to put charger amidship. Is it realyy ok to splice in wires and save som $$$? Also, if charger/batteries are below deck, they suggest to open hatch and leave it open 15 minutes before charging. What's the reason? I'd like to plug it in and go to bed asap. Thanks..
mikie
Posted 2/19/2008 9:43 AM (#302109 - in reply to #302073)
Subject: Re: new charger...

Also, if charger/batteries are below deck, they suggest to open hatch and leave it open 15 minutes before charging. What's the reason?

Prolly to vent the area of any fuel fumes prior to plugging-in and maybe getting a spark that would light up the place. m
Bruce
Posted 2/19/2008 7:46 PM (#302286 - in reply to #302073)
Subject: Re: new charger...

Wow. It might blow, eh? My millisecond of fame! I could vent the battery compartment on the way home by cracking the hatch. Only the deep cycle would be in there. The starting battery and the portable gas tank will be in the back of the boat, uncovered. At least that is my plan now, but with every snowstorm that dumps 10 inches here a little of my mind gets fried, and i am really starting to forget things...like.....like.....see it's happeneing again.