Awesome show from Keyes this am.
mskycrz
Posted 1/19/2008 6:39 PM (#295041)
Subject: Awesome show from Keyes this am.

Keyes Outdoors had a very cool show this morning in northern WI. It looked to be a very fun adventure on the river.

Did anyone notice the commercial for the Musky Innovations net and then Steve ask for the Frabil to net one - oops!

Anyone have experience with this net?
muskie_man
Posted 1/19/2008 7:14 PM (#295047 - in reply to #295041)
Subject: Re: Awesome show from Keyes this am.

Musky Innovations is coming out with a net?
Got Esox?
Posted 1/19/2008 9:21 PM (#295060 - in reply to #295041)

Supposively it has the longest handle.... looked pretty good to me. If my Frabill ever needs to be replaced it would be an option. I use to arm a large Strong Arm Net that was great when I was landing a fish by myself. Keyes show was pretty cool today, Thank goodness for TIVO!
Peaches
Posted 1/19/2008 9:33 PM (#295062 - in reply to #295060)

One of the better muskie fishing episodes I have seen in awhile. Very similar to the type of fishing that I do for muskies.

Jeff
Musky Dawg
Posted 1/19/2008 9:48 PM (#295066 - in reply to #295041)

I was thinking the same thing. Just got done watching it from the DVR. I just about fell out of the chair when I saw the girth on that one fish. Living in SE WI you don't see fish that thick around here!
That was a good "oops" on the Frabill comment.
~Dawg
Team Rhino
Posted 1/19/2008 9:54 PM (#295067 - in reply to #295041)

I would guess since Steve is on the pro staff for both Frabill and MI someone has to lose in the net battle. Not to mention the MI net wasn't around when they shot that video. Don't want to speak for Steve just my thoughts. On the show side it was one of the better I've seen lately.
bfunk73183
Posted 1/19/2008 9:59 PM (#295068 - in reply to #295041)
Subject: RE: Awesome show from Keyes this am.

i watched that show at 1030am and the Musky Hunter show at 730am both really good episodes......Keyes Outdoors has had that river episode on their website for awhile now.......really fun watching them catch and film muskie fishing from those tiny little river boats the one mike caught on the shallow invader was quiet the fish.........i like that show a lot, not a lot of info but put together really well
ToddM
Posted 1/19/2008 10:09 PM (#295070 - in reply to #295041)

I just googled them to see their website. Dang, this is not shown in Fibland.
castmaster
Posted 1/19/2008 10:17 PM (#295071 - in reply to #295041)

Missed it this morning but just watched it on the Superior Guides website(the link is on the episodes page of Keyes website) Cool location, would definitely be a neat trip to do.
Boy watching on the net one sure realizes just how much time is wasted with commercials! The episode is only 16 minutes and 2 seconds without commercials, meaning almost 50% of airtime is commercials. I have some of the new dvd collections of old 70's tv shows, most of those run around 50 minutes of show for what was then a 1 hour time slot.
esox50
Posted 1/19/2008 10:54 PM (#295078 - in reply to #295041)

http://www.superioroutfitters.com/index.html

Super cool! Doesn't get any better than chasing down 50s in a river one cast width wide (at least in some sections it looked that way)!!!
Tackle Industries
Posted 1/20/2008 12:45 PM (#295122 - in reply to #295041)

nothing will ever get my Frabill out of my boat... The handle on my big K is already to long. Who needs a longer handle? Will check out my guide to see if I can DVR that one. Sounds like a good show.
Slimeball
Posted 1/20/2008 1:41 PM (#295129 - in reply to #295071)

castmaster - 1/19/2008 11:17 PM

Missed it this morning but just watched it on the Superior Guides website(the link is on the episodes page of Keyes website) Cool location, would definitely be a neat trip to do.
Boy watching on the net one sure realizes just how much time is wasted with commercials! The episode is only 16 minutes and 2 seconds without commercials, meaning almost 50% of airtime is commercials. I have some of the new dvd collections of old 70's tv shows, most of those run around 50 minutes of show for what was then a 1 hour time slot.

The video on the Superior outfitters site is not the show in it's entirety. They cut parts out. Not a whole lot, but you dont see the entire show there.
Oneida Esox
Posted 1/21/2008 9:25 AM (#295285 - in reply to #295129)

You know I watched a LOT of musky TV this weekend. The Muskyhunter, Simply Fishing, Fishing with Joe Bucher and Keyes Outdoors and liked all the shows except for one thing and this rang true with all the shows.

No one ever mentioned anything about taking kids fishing. It would be nice to see one of these shows that has some kids involved.

John
Mr Musky
Posted 1/21/2008 10:42 AM (#295311 - in reply to #295041)

I liked the fact that Pete Olsen wasn't taking any $@@#$ from Meshikomer for once on Simply Fishing. Doesn't it seem like all of Bucher's musky segments last year and now this year look like they were shot in Canada or some sheild lake? I use to enjoy the segments that were shot in WI. The Keyes Outdoors show looked like so much fun!! I enjoy their stuff far above all the rest, it's like Badfish Outdoors, you feel like your in the boat with them!!!!!!!

Mr Musky
bfunk73183
Posted 1/21/2008 7:21 PM (#295394 - in reply to #295041)

i get annoyed with bob meshikomer.........actually it gets funny listening to him tell people what to do.......

"ok i want you to sit down, hold the net with your left hand, cross your legs, take out my camera there is a little red button, ill smile, push that button" = )

im lovin the keyes outdoors guys......cool part is the music imho, isnt mike keyes in a band and uses a lot of his bands music in the shows???
troy trebesch
Posted 1/22/2008 5:23 AM (#295441 - in reply to #295394)

I know this is a stupid question, but trying to get someone on the phone at direct Tv is like pulling teeth-what channel are we watching these muskie shows on and what time?
Justin Gaiche
Posted 1/22/2008 8:36 AM (#295450 - in reply to #295441)

Keyes is on FSN. Great show, well produced, big fish.

I also suggest checking out www.thesportsmanchannel.com. Lots of good musky shows: Musky Hunter, Joe Bucher, Mesikomer, my peanut show, are on there. The channel is only available on cable, but you can get the live broadcast on the internet.
BigMo
Posted 1/22/2008 12:26 PM (#295475 - in reply to #295041)

That Keyes show was great. Personally, I am excited to hear others' positive reactions to the show. Insert shameless plug for friend here:______________

Mike Noskoviak, owner of Superior Guides & Outfitters, is a friend of mine and I have had the opportunity to fish up there over the past three years, specifically the river fishing, before he launched the muskie trip part of his business in '07. He is a good guy and his staff is cool too.

This is different than any other river fishing I have done. In spite of the "narrow water", it has a lot of structure, current/eddies, depth up to 10-15 feet that I marked and it is VERY remote. Big fish are there as you saw in the show and there are solid #s. My best day there, we had a nine fish day (all 34" - 43") with nine other early releases.

I will be helping Mike on an "as needed basis" with guide dates on the river starting this year. His staff knows the Turtle/Flambeau Flowage, Eau Claire Chain and Namekagon (sp?) better than I do so they can get you on those waters.

And, seeing Mr. Stellflue's point............Superior Guides does welcome kids and accomodates them pretty well in terms of patience, safety and attitude. Keep in mind that an extended base camp trip for a few days at the river edge could be a challenge for some younger kids, but it is not uncomfortable at all.

Please feel free to contact me if you'd like to hear more about my experiences up there. If you are interested in a great trip, give Mike a call or go to the website http://www.superioroutfitters.com