Merc Verado
Posted 1/6/2008 11:04 AM (#292323)
Subject: Merc Verado

Does anyone have any feedback on 225 or 250 Merc Verado's? Seriuosly looking at a new one..
TJ DeVoe
Posted 1/6/2008 1:45 PM (#292350 - in reply to #292323)
Subject: Re: Merc Verado

Do you have any specific questions one might be able help you with? Not sure how many guys run a Verado of that size on this website, but you might try posting this on WalleyeFirst. I know there are a few regulars over their who run them and would probably be able to give you some good input.

But I've never personally owned one, but have had numerous opportunities to run one on different rigs. I think the guys who run Verados day in and day out are probably pretty happy with the motor for the most part. I know from working on a nationally known Walleye circuit, a few reasons why guys run a Verado over an Optimax is the fact a Verado is a four stroke. The quietness, the ability to troll effectively, not having to fill an oil reserve and not to mention the tremedous amount of power these motors have. Then combine that with the smoothest throttle system available, the Digital Throttle System(also known as DTS), it's hard to go wrong in my opinion.
Posted 1/7/2008 7:42 AM (#292491 - in reply to #292323)
Subject: RE: Merc Verado

Just wondering if there are any major known issues with the motors.. I am actually looking at two different Verados. One is a 06' 250 and the other is a 07' 225. I will also check will the walleyefirst guys.. I guess I see most boats running ETecs, just wondering why you never see musky boats running Verado's..
sworrall
Posted 1/7/2008 11:48 PM (#292685 - in reply to #292323)

You would see Verados on Muskie boats if you looked for them, I see quite a few. Lots out there. Issues are the motors run great.
grif
Posted 1/8/2008 9:07 PM (#292889 - in reply to #292323)

Guest,
I have a 225 hp verado on a 620 ranger. I have had no problems at all . mine is a 2005 model. I only know of 2 small bulletins. One was sensors of some sort being so touchy.(computer thing) The other was a issue with tying multiple engines togther (Wiring thing). For more info you could call Heckels in eagle river.