Ranger Hubs Leaking??
Juhas
Posted 1/6/2008 5:56 AM (#292297)
Subject: Ranger Hubs Leaking??

What gives? Love my boat!! Bought it used one year, low hours, excellent condition. Previous owner had both rear hubs leak on a trip back from LOTW and had them replaced. My first trip out in march to Indy had them start to leak on the way back. Little black streaks from the caps back and the fulid turned mikly. Had them serviced at the end of my first year. Service changed the fluid and said they were fine. Last year after the first couple of outings same thing again. had them put all new hubs on. At the end of last year left front started leaking again and they just replaced that one. So what gives? Bad design? I don't drive it overly fast or have the boat overloaded. Any thoughts?
Chris
Pedro
Posted 1/6/2008 6:49 PM (#292412 - in reply to #292297)
Subject: Re: Ranger Hubs Leaking??

What year is the boat and trailer, my buddy bought a brand new 2005 619 and had major issues with the hubs. The people at Crystal Pierz said that Ranger had made some changes in them that year and some trailers were having issues and some were not, depending on when the trailer was built that year. Crystal Pierz fixed them for free due to is being a Warranty issue and no problems since then.
Juhas
Posted 1/6/2008 7:01 PM (#292419 - in reply to #292412)

Mine is an 05 also. And they did replace all the hubs in 07. I'm starting to wonder if there is something else causing the hubs to leak?
Chris
Pedro
Posted 1/6/2008 7:59 PM (#292441 - in reply to #292297)

Try taking it in again, there is no excuse for you to be having issues with hubs on a rig that costs well over $40,000. Maybe try a different dealer.
Good luck.
Cowboyhannah
Posted 1/6/2008 8:33 PM (#292454 - in reply to #292297)

Here's a good one...
After pulling my 05 619 in front of the garage, one of the kids got out and said, "Daddy, why is that wheel crooked?"

I looked and sure enough...that dammned wheel looked askew!...I walked up to it, cocked my head thinking I wasn't seeing it right....yup, it looked crooked....so I gave it a kick and it WOBBLED right off the axel! After a couple rounnd and rounds like a quarter settling on a table, the tire lay flat on the ground!

Brought it in and they swapped out the hub with a new design...can no longer see the oil in the new design....solid black...

No problems since....
Troyz.
Posted 1/7/2008 6:58 AM (#292485 - in reply to #292297)
Subject: RE: Ranger Hubs Leaking??

I started having this problem with one wheel, called rangers, told me to pull the O-ring gasket on the hub and throw it away and use a rubber gasket. Also if you travel down alot of dirts road this will also cause issues on these hubs.

Troyz