Shaker vs. Hustler
tmag
Posted 11/8/2007 9:55 PM (#283784)
Subject: Shaker vs. Hustler

Hey All,

I was wondering if those of you out there who have thrown / use both the HR 8" Shaker and 8" Trueglide Hustler can offer some insight into the difference in the action between the 2 baits as well as any preferences you might have?

Thanks
Anonymous
Posted 11/9/2007 1:16 AM (#283792 - in reply to #283784)
Subject: RE: Shaker vs. Hustler

I throw both and like both. They for sure are different lures though. The Hustler has more of a turn at the biginning of the pull. It really flashes the sides. I catch most of my fish on that lure on the pull. Something about that turn.

The Shaker is heavier and has more of a standard side to side action,but has a nice belly roll on the pause. I catch most of my fish on this bait on the pause.

Both are great baits! If I had to choose one, it would be the Hustler. Better finish and I've caught some really nice fish on the one I have.
chico
Posted 11/11/2007 5:42 PM (#284075 - in reply to #283784)

Hustlers everytime, more life in Hustler and you get a that crazy extra turn in at the end of the glide, a trigger if I ever saw one. Hustlers $40, fantastic finishes and they all run right.
Pikiespawn
Posted 11/13/2007 2:48 PM (#284407 - in reply to #284075)

Both fantastic muskie dropbellies, the two best on the market today. Both have different triggers as said in above post. Joel Pederson of trueglide is a great guy and friend of mine.

Have a couple of each in your tackle box, if you dont like either of them, they will sell fast..........
MUSKYBOY
Posted 11/13/2007 4:29 PM (#284422 - in reply to #283784)
Subject: Re: Shaker vs. Hustler

Hughes Rivers and True Glides are both great glide baits, and work very well. I highly recommend both of them!
needa70lber
Posted 11/13/2007 8:29 PM (#284457 - in reply to #284422)
Subject: Re: Shaker vs. Hustler

Great baits and easy to use if good at twitching rythm with rod. The pause and distance gliding is the key it seems. The shaker has a slower longer glide with a nice "shake" on the pause. The shaker hangs better for me, the trueglide sinks a little faster but looks more natural in the water than a shaker. Both produce fish if used right. Great baits for this time of year. Noteable mentions are smuttly's and cobb's!

Rank- (tons of variables)

1. Cobbs (crazy shad 8")
2. Smuttly Dog 8"
3. Trueglide 8"
4. Shaker 8"

Tough call in the end! Very similar baits yet so different.

Picked cobb 1st because I can "feel" this lure better while working it than the rest. seems to push more water because of it's flatter design compared to being round like the others. This is a more tiring bait to work, like a suick than the rest though. The shaker if round nose version is a very heavy bait to toss all day as well.